Author Topic: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus  (Read 1394 times)

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
« on: February 21, 2008, 03:18:09 PM »
Upcoming film in which Heath Ledger was starring..

Just as a side note I only just found, he was apparently filming a Terry Gilliam film at the time (The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus).

As Alex said in the Dark Knight thread, Ledger was filming another film at the time of his death. The film has since been placed on hiatus, and there were doubts as to whether or not the production would continue, seeing as they were reasonably into the filming when Ledger passed. At any rate the director stated that if production were to continue, the film would be dedicated to Ledger's memory.

Different methods of completing the film's production without Ledger have been discussed, such as talks of digitally recreating him (Marlon Brando-esque (Superman Returns)), but the most recent news is that due to the nature of the film's story (travelling through parallel worlds) allows for Ledger to be replaced (his character "transformed" into another version of himself) by another actor.

Early rumours suggested that Johnny Depp was to replace Ledger, but most recent news has said that 3 actors - Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell may replace Ledger (as different incarnations of the one character).

Thoughts??
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
Re: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 03:58:06 PM »
I have something of soft spot in my heart for Terry Gilliam films. None of them are truly what I'd call immortal or in anyway perfect, but I put nothing past them. Must come from all the love of Python...
Anyway, looking at the strange and wonderful creations in Brazil and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, along with 12 Monkeys, I think Gilliam (if the film comes out of its Hiatus) will be able to work... And if any director can pull off one character with three actors, it's probably Gilliam.
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!