Author Topic: Introduce Yourself!... Again! (2008)  (Read 12942 times)

Offline PixelParadox

• The Animation Club Secretary
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself!... Again! (2008)
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 06:18:41 PM »
Hello everyone! My name is Ben Silburn, I am a local and I am doing first year Animation. I play a lot of video games, so I have "some" sort of idea as to what landscape, character and motion design might involve. What I just said I do not fully understand :-\. Anyway... I've been trying on my toga for Toga Night and it looks awsome ;D for other first year animators, send me a message so that we can be buddies.

Ben Silburn
Until next time...

Offline Chanel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 09:24:34 PM »
Helllooooooooooo!! I'm Chanel and I'm a first year animation student. I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I'm SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!! ;D. Uh, lets see about me.....erm well I was born in South Africa, got out when I was nearly 11 years old and moved to jolly old England and then moved to Australia mid - 06. I've only recently really gotten super interested in animation but I'm a Disney Freak from way way back and I love anime (as far back as Dragonball Z, Digimon and Beyblade, come on admit it one of those is familiar to at least a few of you ;)) and of course the comic form, manga (MARS!!!! Yay!)

U can find me wondering around, usually religously hanging around outside The Nosh Pit at lunch cuz I can never muster the motivation to make breakfast every morning, also at a party I'm usually the one perpetually on the dance floor, so look for me at TOGA;). So I hope to meet more of u guys soon.

Bye for now xx  :-*   

Offline KickassDude

• Random acts of violence.......teehee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 11:16:44 PM »
Hiiiiiiiiiyaaa! :D I'm Serena Blackburn and 1st year animation student too! ;D I'm that excited about this course that I'm literaly bouncing everywhere! :D Anyway my family live in junee while I live in Wagga! JOY FOR ME! (Happy to be out of home and doing course) I also love anime, manga which I love to draw, Games like Final Fantasy and Dragons/Mythical creatures that I enjoy drawing too! :)
Must be off now to pull ideas from head and write down so see ya later! Wheee! ;)

Offline Vivalin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 01:32:05 PM »
Hi guys I'm Viv I'm a second year Photography/ Multimedia student some of you may remember me from O week as I was a leader with Alex and Tia. I have to do VFX101 this year so i'll be with a lot of you first years and amazingly quite a few returners but am really scared as I've never really done anything to do with animation except watch cartoons! >_<

I really have no idea what I am going to do with VFX or generally in life I'll jus try my best and hope for a good outcome! Also decided this year I really need to get my post count for the forum up so this seemed a good way to start!

Looking forward to having class with you all!

Offline Renee88

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 01:34:39 PM »
HI EVERYBODY!!!!! ....(HI DR NICK!)  ;D i came from Ardlethan to learned the art of animation lol. I like drawing dragons and vampires and monsters of all sorts lol. :o So i am hoping that learning how to animate will bring life to my work... ... (ITS ALIVE MWHAHAHAHA!!!) ;D I like pretty much anything arty wise so im open to all kinds of stuff (you know stuff!) lol anyway thats it from me ABYE BYE!!!!! :o

Offline Kiah

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 04:43:16 PM »
Seems a lot of you first years are really enjoying the smileys on the forum  ;D we shall get along well, lol.  Anyway, im Kiah, a second year animation student (wow its kinda weired to write down second year, thats the first time ive done it and it was a little exciting!)  Anyway, i'd never done animation before i came to this course, so u firsties are doing better than when i started, u all seem to have some experience, but i knew that this is what i wanted to do, even before i started.  I came from a more arts background and learning animation has really expanded what im able to do as i can be involved in ALL parts of the production process.  Im really intrested in getting into compositing, so this yr should be great, and i also like matte painting.  I prefer 3D over 2D but am happy using either, as long as i get to create something!!!  ;)

Offline alice89

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 01:16:42 PM »
hi everyone
so my names alice im in my second year doing photography multimedia!! im doing vfx 101 this year which is kind of exciting and a change from what im used to cause ive never done any animation before!! anyway this is only my second ever post so i dont really know what to say so ill leave it at that!...  :P 

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 10:00:20 PM »
I'm John from Junee, first year animation.

e-love to all, fellow bretheren.

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 12:05:56 AM »
Hey people!  Steve(n) here from Sydney.  I'm a third year grapho/multimedia student who's beginning to freak out major about the year ahead.  Usually a stickler for grammatical correctness, I've finally given up on the matter and am embracing making words up and constructing sentences in the most unreadable (or at least unbearably readable) of ways.

Hmm, what else?  Oh yeah, I'm fairly self-absorbed, don't drink much in the way of coffee, or indeed, caffeinated products, love a majority of the Disney animated features, have extremely poor time management skills, and am most definitely not a gamer (Brain Training anyone?).  Hmm... I also love designing characters, especially hand drawn and vector styled ones. Wooh!

Hope you first years enjoy 2008!  I'm rather nervous if I must say so myself.

Oh, and contrary to what a few people have said of me in the past... I am SO not a post whore!  C'mon, I'm only third on the post count rankings, John's not even much here anymore and Pam... Pam, you're a whore (in the most posty of ways that is)! XD
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline Pamz0r

• Purple ToonBoom Wizard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 11:59:25 AM »

Oh, and contrary to what a few people have said of me in the past... I am SO not a post whore!  C'mon, I'm only third on the post count rankings, John's not even much here anymore and Pam... Pam, you're a whore (in the most posty of ways that is)! XD
LMAO! ....yes, i am...what can i say? i have no life, my "life" consists of sitting at home waiting for new forum topics to post in... it is quite sad.  :P But at least I'm participating...!!
(Steve's just jealous that i have a greater post count! ha.!)
:)

Offline Gav!n

• View Profile
    • My Site!
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008, 01:56:12 PM »
Hi everyone!  ;D I'm Gavin, a 1st year animation student from Deniliquin. I haven't really done any 2D animation before, but I can't wait to start XD I've done some 3D stuff in a program called Wings3D, and enjoy it lots  :D It's like a very basic maya i suppose, it's free and about 30mb (i think) if anyone wants to try it out, google it! It's worth having a look at before going head first into Maya ;) Thanks for the warm welcome, i look foward to working with you all  :)
(\_/)
(O.o)
( > <)

Offline LucasC

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 01:42:08 AM »
Greetings everyone, as the name above the portrait bar suggests my name is Lucas and I'm a multi-media student currently enrolled in VFX101 for this semester and really looking forward too the experience.

I'm hoping to be posting quite a fair bit of progress work and what not this semester and to kick an old lurking habit in the face while doing it.

Cheers  :)

Offline drenthy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 09:13:01 AM »
hey everyone!
im elyse but most of my friends at home call me drenthy...
i am a first year animation student but i havent really got any experience in anything...
i have tried a little stop motion but thats about it.... cant wit to meet everyone and learn more!

Im not drunk...
i am by nature a loud, friendly, clumsy, person.

Offline hendo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 07:58:48 PM »
Hi everyone im Brady (first year), as far as animation goes im a complete noob. I like movies with animation, games and shows like champloo, ghost in a shell and the street fight 2 series just to name a few. Also i got my laptop on the weekend its an ASUS dual core T9500 2.6gHz 3g ram 125+125g hard drive nividia geforce 8600(want 8800gt)...... and i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions as to what sort of software/hardware i should get that might come in handy. thanks  ;D

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 08:42:49 PM »
Hi everyone im Brady (first year), as far as animation goes im a complete noob. I like movies with animation, games and shows like champloo, ghost in a shell and the street fight 2 series just to name a few. Also i got my laptop on the weekend its an ASUS dual core T9500 2.6gHz 3g ram 125+125g hard drive nividia geforce 8600(want 8800gt)...... and i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions as to what sort of software/hardware i should get that might come in handy. thanks  ;D

What up Braid-train?

You can't go wrong with photoshop, but you should take a look at GIMPshop if you want to save some serious dough. Also OpenOffice, it's a freeware alternative to MS Office that offers pretty much the same feature set.