Author Topic: The Hobbit  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Hages

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Hobbit
« on: December 19, 2007, 08:25:45 AM »
Here's a bit of news that should excite any cinema buff, LOTR fan, and visual effects aficionado...

Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh will serve as Executive Producers of two films based on “The Hobbit.” New Line will manage the production of the films, which will be shot simultaneously. Peter Jackson and New Line have settled all litigation relating to the “Lord of the Rings” (LOTR) Trilogy.

Read more here: http://www.thehobbitblog.com/

Tis the season of good will and hope. ;D

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
Re: The Hobbit
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 11:36:01 AM »
Excellent. I heard after Jackson's disagreements (or lawsuits) with New Line he wasn't going to be involved in The Hobbit at all.
Just as long as Leonard Nimoy is in no way involved, I look forward to this series.
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline LASERSPEWPEW

• That Damn Proddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 03:20:28 AM »
Yay, the dumb politics are finished. Now they can make the damn film finally.
There are two things I look for in a movie: tacos and explosions. If neither are in the film within 30 seconds, I do not watch it.

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 10:19:37 AM »
http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/870/870606p1.html

Ian McKellen has been confirmed to reprise his role as Gandalf..
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 12:00:30 AM »
An interesting development. It seems that Peter Jackson plans to do The Hobbit as one film, and then another film as a tie-in between Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

Does anyone else smell Expanded Universe?
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 12:23:59 AM »
I'll be interested with how they go about the filler movie. Theres rumours of doing something along the lines of the story of Aragorn capturing Gollum and taking him to Mirkwood, but im thinking alot of what they do will depend on if they need actors from the trilogy who is willing to come back. Liv Tyler has already said that if there was a need for Arwen - she would definately come back. So who knows?....
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 01:06:54 AM »
I'll be interested with how they go about the filler movie. Theres rumours of doing something along the lines of the story of Aragorn capturing Gollum and taking him to Mirkwood, but im thinking alot of what they do will depend on if they need actors from the trilogy who is willing to come back. Liv Tyler has already said that if there was a need for Arwen - she would definately come back. So who knows?....

Such things were mentioned in the Lord of the Rings books, yet not really referred to in the movies, so who knows? My main concern is whether they will muster up to the quality of Tolkien's writings.

While it completely works against normal convention with Lord of the Rings (with him just being the character (catalyst/deus ex machina?) that basically jumps in and makes everything better or progress), I would be interested in something that tracks Gandulf's adventures throughout Middle Earth and his investigations of 'The Necromancer' (whom, sorry to give it away to any non-'The Hobbit' readers, is Sauron). But that's just my geek factor working in overdrive. :)

And now... this!