Author Topic: "but wheres all the rum gone!"  (Read 2814 times)

Offline ~matt~

• Staff
  • by the hand of the animator
    • View Profile
"but wheres all the rum gone!"
« on: May 01, 2007, 12:05:00 AM »
yes of course we all know the almighty pirates of the carribean , anyone who has seen it must be a fan....
johnny depp (you either love him or hate him) i personally love him , is excellent in the role of CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW
............................but this is not a fan based babble about actors and such.........but a look into the immensity of the use of cg within the soon to be 3 movies!!!

originally great minds sat at a table to create the best and last pirate movie ever to be made...... they wanted to bring life back into the age old tales of looting and plundering and do it like its never been done before........
this single movie was completed and made a much bigger impact then at first thought............

not to much time passed after the first movie happened......... and gore verbinski was called up to direct a sequel , but not only a sequel but the next two movies , which would be filmed all in one go to create the great pirate trilogy.

the second movie came and it was just as great as the first one , and with some magnificent artistry ........ with davey jones being completely made in cg ............... not one mm of his body was real ................and some magnificent compositing work was done aswell when it came to lighting much of his half transparent head ........... but i believ with everything they arose to the occasion and created yet again a master piece!

now we are all on the edge of our seats ready for the final chapter as we get thrown once again into the epic world of pirates of the carribean!  ;D

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
Re: "but wheres all the rum gone!"
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 09:21:35 PM »
Pirates owned. I think the most amazing thing about Davy Jones was Bill Nighy's performance.

U watch the featurettes and there talkin about it and they were like; he's doing all these amazing things just with the dialogue, then he sticks in the whole popping sound and the head movements, and we just didnt see it coming.

They couldnt predict/plan for how brilliantly he played the role.

Im gonna go wit the whole Will Turner dies theory 4 no. 3. It seems like it could b a plot twist they could pull off wit ease.

But i dont like the sounds of more pirates movies.. I think these 3 r enuf, but if they were to make another id prefer them to make a prequel based around the whole Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl story - like how he got the ship originally etc
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline ~matt~

• Staff
  • by the hand of the animator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 10:59:02 PM »
 ;D hey yeah i totally agree ............... i watched that special features dvd bout a million times........ and a prequel would be f@cken cool.......... like for the bit when jack traded his soul to be the captain of the best pirate ship dooby !! :P very coolness and where he got that compass (which will definantly play a big roll in the 3rd movie!! WOW!!!!

Offline MultimediaMan

• Multimedia man: But seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 04:57:56 PM »
14 days till the new one i beleive
A look into the mind of Multimedia man! http://lex-ttd.blogspot.com/

Offline Ammon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 03:28:44 PM »
14 days till the new one i beleive

TOO LONG !!!  :(
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit - A wise man does not urinate against the wind

Offline Keaton

• Gamer @ Heart
    • View Profile
    • My CSU Webspace
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 11:36:48 PM »
Well.... now that you've all seen the 3rd movie. How do you reflect on all of this?
(-/\-)
   '''

Offline Pamz0r

• Purple ToonBoom Wizard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 09:42:54 AM »
well, i liked it..i think....the truth of the matter is, i dont know if i liked it or not. i think i'll need to see it again...but i'll wait for the dvd release to do that. :P
i think that it did improve the second movie a little...
i almost cried when Elizabeth saw her dead father...it was sad.  :-[ lol.
tho the movies storyline confused mea little, until i strained my brain. the good thing about potc movies is that nobody really knows whos going to screw everyone over in the end. lol it was cool.
tho the multiple jack sparrow's were pretty cool, and funny... i thought it was a little too much like secret window  :P

:)

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 03:10:19 PM »
I loved the third film, without a doubt. Very funny; the series is basically an adventure/action/comedy genre (that's right, they're pirates, so they get THREE), and most importantly, amazingly entertaining. Still had alot of silly bits, but I expected that. One of the things actor wise I was happiest about was the return of Alexi Sayle as one of the navy personnel.
I believe it was one of the most complete trilogies around; most storylines wrapped up. At least, the important ones were. :)
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 06:25:55 PM »
Big fan.. I really like the 2nd one, but i didnt think it was as good as the first... whereas this one was definately better than the 2nd one... Thats probly one of the pros of not being a 'middle' movie..

I think one of the better things about this movie was the fact that Geoffry Rush was back.. his is an excellent character and the play off between Barbossa an Jack was a classic part of the film. Also the addition of Chow Yun Fat... You can't go wrong wit that guy.

It was definately a very pretty film, and it ended.... well i had a few theories, and both were right.... from a certain point of veiw...

One thing i had been skeptical about was Keith Richards being in the film... But he was excellent, and looked very reminiscent of Captain Hook in my opinion..

So overall i enjoyed the movie, an excellent movie an u should all go see it *points*
Mental High Five!! *wtch*