Author Topic: Games Games Games  (Read 19044 times)

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
Games Games Games
« on: April 27, 2007, 10:15:46 PM »
Well, I guess this board need to start somwhere...

Anyone with past, present or future games which you found to be enjoyable/looking good just post them up... and if you can define their genre and platform... on the topic of genre anyone know what genre ICO is? 3rd person puzzle/action?

Heres just a small list of games that I found enjoyable for any of you who feel like feeding the inner nerd;

ICO - PS2
Shadow of the Colossus - PS2
F.E.A.R. - PC - FPS
Dawn of War - PC - RTS
Oblivion - PC, XB360, PS3 - 1st/3rd person RPG
Civilization 1 - PC - Turn Based Strategy (Personal Favorite)
Diablo (1 and 2) - PC - RPG
OKami - PS2 - RPG
Kingdom Hearts - PS2 - RPG
Half-life (Everything 1, 2 and expansions) - PC - FPS (a bit of a fan boy)

I think thats enough for now, and I know most of them are mainstream but for those intersted play away... and i do realise I've stayed away from old school games, I'll rattle off a couple if people show an interest in this thread.

On the up and coming side of things I must say I'm behind a little. There are 3 that have caught my eye;

Quake Wars - PC - FPS ( site requires flash 8 )
Age of Conan - PC - MMORPG
Manhunt 2 - Wii, PS2 - DEATH... DEATH ALL ROUND (getit before its banned)

please add any games to this be it mainstream or obscure.

True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.

Offline zam

• View Profile
Re: Games Games Games
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 11:58:08 AM »
been wanting to buy shadow of colossus and okami for ages!

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 12:38:04 PM »
on the topic of genre anyone know what genre ICO is? 3rd person puzzle/action?

please add any games to this be it mainstream or obscure.

Sounds about right. But instead of the action half, it's probably more of an adventure game.

I'm a DSer and have been off the large console systems for night on seven years now (as may be evidenced through my absolute noobidity in HALO - you know who you are), so basically most of the games I'm looking forward to are on the handheld.

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - NDS
Heroes of Mana - NDS
Touch The Dead - NDS

Games already out that I want to get include:

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan - NDS
Elite Beat Agents - NDS
The Phoenix Wright Series - NDS
Trauma Center: Under The Knife - NDS

Unless the prices in Oz come down, I'll probably resort to buying them on the net since it'll most likely end up being cheaper.

I also recommend Solitaire. It is awesome.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 12:42:43 PM by UNGCO »
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline Tara♫

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 12:45:10 PM »
i have to admit im hanging out for grand theft auto 4 and res evil 5 on the 360... two great series!!! Altho the wii does have a few cool games coming out like my sims, elebits (or is it eledees now?) and cooking mama.. another game i am looking forward to umbrella chronicles on the wii (heres hoping it hasnt fallen through yet).. tis part of the res evil series and i'm a bit of a res evil fan girl  :D the main i've been playing recently is guitar hero 2.. sooo cool!! altho very hard i cant play anything but easy :(

has anyone played hotel dusk room 215 on ds? i've been eyeing it off at work but dont know if i should bother...

hmmm i think i want too many games atm...
damn work and its coming soon list...

(\ /)
(. .)
c(")(")

"ビー・マイ・エスケイプ"

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 12:56:20 PM »
has anyone played hotel dusk room 215 on ds? i've been eyeing it off at work but dont know if i should bother...

A few game reviews gave it okay scores of 75 and above (I'm using the "out of 100" method here), so it might be a worthwhile purchase. The only real negative criticism with regard to the game was the 'sluggish pacing' (IGN and Hyper agree on this). Heck, even if the story wasn't good I'd probably buy it just for the art style.

And yep, it's Eledees apparently. Ew.
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline cheeseninja2002

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 01:07:58 PM »
been wanting to buy shadow of colossus and okami for ages!
Okami is DEFINATLY worth it, the same goes for SOTC but its a hard one to find. IMO ico, SOTC and Okami are the three games every1 should play on the PS2 (It hurts me to know that clover studios is no more), genre wise i really dont know what they fit into... rpg? but if your really interested in playing either SOTC or Okami I can lend you a copy some time (like i said EVERY1 needs to experience them). So if your interseted reply.

One thing I did forget to mention is that Rockstar have done it differently this time, instead of withholding most information on the game and just teasing us with shinny pictures and poster art they've actually given us some insite into what the hell its about.. they didn't plan this... it got leaked XD. so check out the site if your intersted.
Another up and comming game for those who just feel like killing for the sake of killing theres Postal III - 360, PC - FPS, again getit before it gets banned... unfortunatly its schedualed for an 08 release. I did also come across a very interesting find for you Postal fans... they're making a movie... I don't know if that makes me happy or shiver all over.
check the trailer here

They're also planning a Trauma Center for the Wii (T C: Second Opinion) comming late this year (I hope). no site found, just hit any game review site to check it out.

gah, there i go again with the rants... I'll stop now

p.s. Can't wait for GTA 4
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 01:18:24 PM by cheeseninja2002 »

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 01:08:59 PM »
gah the last year or so I've been tempted to starve myself for a few weeks so I can try and afford a DS but then I wonder how much my uni work would suffer...I get addicted to things FAR too easily ( changes bannana bag on his Coffee IV drip ) aaaah perky  ;)
I really wanted to play animal crossing! :$
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline Tara♫

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 01:14:02 PM »
gah the last year or so I've been tempted to starve myself for a few weeks so I can try and afford a DS but then I wonder how much my uni work would suffer...I get addicted to things FAR too easily ( changes bannana bag on his Coffee IV drip ) aaaah perky  ;)

i seem to get addicted to games quite easily..:-\  i love animal crossing.. i've got it on both the ds and the gc... tis very fun but very time consuming... kinda reminds me of the sims...
(\ /)
(. .)
c(")(")

"ビー・マイ・エスケイプ"

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 01:33:30 PM »
gah the last year or so I've been tempted to starve myself for a few weeks so I can try and afford a DS but then I wonder how much my uni work would suffer...I get addicted to things FAR too easily ( changes bannana bag on his Coffee IV drip ) aaaah perky  ;)

If you really want bang for you buck, wait till Big W (or any other competing retailer) has another random Nintendo DS Lite + Free Game promotion. It could potentially save you $50+! Animal Crossing is addictive, and because time still goes on when you're not playing... well let's just say that my world is filled with weeds. I haven't touched it in ages.

By the way, Lair on PS3 looks absolutely amazing. It makes me want to get one (but the price of the damn console makes me nauseous).

Offline Jabba_Wocky

• Decimation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 01:35:27 PM »
  • Supreme Commander
  • Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
  • Company of Heroes
  • F.E.A.R.
  • Broken Sword: The Angel of Death
  • Halo: Combat Evolved
  • Dawn of War and all Expansions
  • Madden NFL 2007
  • Warcraft III
  • World of Warcraft
  • Warhammer Mark of Chaos
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Painkiller and Expansion
  • Cellfactor
  • Defcon
I think that about sums up my gaming addiction. oh they are all PC games too.
Tread softly, and carry a big gun.

Offline cheeseninja2002

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 01:49:20 PM »
I played warhammer MOC for a bit (on release) but just got sick and tired of all thos bugs that i gave up, I'm guessing they  actually got round to fixing it up? And I'm guessing your playing a demo of or beta for cell Factor since the release is set for May 8 (Unless it was leaked). Cell Factor just makes me wanna spend all that money on a PhysX card... XO all those object flying through the air with such realism.

Last little rant before I go back to work and stay away from this newly rediscovered addiction is HALF LIFE 2: EPISODE 2 ..... got pushed back again till mid- late 07. Thats means that Team fortress 2 and Portal get pushed back with it XC
If only they stuck to their origional release date I'd be happy..... mid 06, I guess at least Valve are consistent.

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 04:02:06 PM »
God, I've been playing too many games lately... Really been cutting into study and working, but oh well!

What I've been playing:
  • The Battle for Middle Earth II - PC
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - PC
  • Neverwinter Nights 2 - PC
  • The Movies - PC
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - DS
  • Wii Sports - Wii
  • Titan Quest - PC
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Wii

I've only just completed the main quest of Oblivion and I'm still playing it. God it's a great game.

What I'm waiting for/want:
  • Elite Beat Agents (or something like that) - DS
  • Final Fantasy III - DS
  • Super Mario Galaxy - Wii
  • Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - Wii
  • Pokemon Diamond/Pearl - DS

There's no way in hell I'll be able to afford all of these, but I'll still wait on it. I really need some decent DS and Wii games, after completing Zelda... Seven days after it was released :'(
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline ~matt~

• Staff
  • by the hand of the animator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 04:27:04 PM »
i agree oblivion is AWESOME!!!!!! ive got my dude upto to all main attributes level 100!! before ive started the main quest:P
(i have finished the gam before this) i play it on 360 f@ck its awesome!

seriously cant wait till grand theft auto!!! ahhhhhh im so gonna die when i play it , ive watched the tiny trailer about a million times to see the graphics:P hehe

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 09:02:01 PM »
Ah games..

Well here we go, this essentially covers everything;

- Halo (1 & 2)
- Prince of Persia (1-3)
- Splinter Cell (1-4)
- Unreal series (Unreal games, Tournaments and Championships)
- Gears of War
- Zelda series
- Diablo (1 & 2)
- Warcraft 3
- Dawn of War
- FarCry (computer original - not the crappy console versions [abominations >:(])
- Max Payne 2
- Oblivion
- Black
- Turok series

uhh, and anything Star Wars (complete nerd - Jedi Knight series, KOTOR I & II, Rogue Squadron series, Battlefront I & II, Republic Commando, Bounty Hunter, Shadows of the Empire, Bounty Hunter, Episode I & III).

So as u can see im a man of many faces. But not Playstation..

And never Playstation  :P
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline Keaton

• Gamer @ Heart
    • View Profile
    • My CSU Webspace
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 01:26:02 AM »
Ha ha! All those Games  :o
I'm still playing Twilight Princess. Gone are the days when i can have all nighters, just to finish a game.
The only all nighters i'm pulling are doing work.

The issue i wanna raise is, do any of you have heaps of games that you have hardly touched but just don't get the time to? It's sort of a permanent situation for me.
(-/\-)
   '''