Author Topic: The Mummy 3  (Read 3124 times)

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
The Mummy 3
« on: April 26, 2007, 10:34:53 AM »
Hi everybody,

If theres any fans of 'The Mummy' movies out there there's plans for a sequel to 'The Mummy Returns' planned for 2008. Brendan Fraiser is returning to his role, but Rachel Weisz isnt - so the writers are basing it around Fraiser's character and his son. And rather than replace Weisz with another actor (which would suck in my opinion) they're writing the character out. So i'm beginning to have doubts about the movie already.

Seeing as the Mummy from the previous films has been dealt with, they're introducing a new setting (Asia sumwhere) with a new Mummy - played by Jet Li.
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline zam

• View Profile
Re: The Mummy 3
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 06:13:49 PM »
im assuming rachel weisz was the love interest for fraiser?  im sorry but i couldnt f***ing stand her, or her douchebag of a brother.  best choice the studios could have made imo!  although jet li could possibly be the worst...  will the two cancel each other out?  lets hope so, because then we will still have a fantastically mediocre movie!

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 06:46:34 PM »
I cannot stand Brendan fraiser to tell you the truth,the two movies were painful to watch for both brendan and rachel. PAINFUL. So freaking feel good and be happy. By the end of the 2nd movie the mother/love interest should have been a decaying zombie CORPSE. That would have been far more interesting than "ooh look at me, IM healed without a wound blah blah blah" BUllcrap. the rock as a scorpion was a lame ender too.Feh. the only part I ever liked were the rotting effects on the mummy. But thats just me :D
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline Ammon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 03:31:46 PM »
i wait to see what the critics say, at the moment i'll sit on the fence.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit - A wise man does not urinate against the wind

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 07:27:13 PM »
I didn't like nor dislike the first two mummy films... I mean, I'm into mythology and all (though the idea of a mummy coming back to life is actually a work of Elizabethan fiction), but they held really little interest, though they had some cool effects. In fact, I was only starting to get really interested in VFX when I saw the guy's face appear in the sand wave, and I always wanted to know how that was done...
Probably a lot more simply than I would've thought...

Anyway, onto the topic, the 3rd movie may be good, I will see it and THEN judge.
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline Erin87

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 03:33:20 PM »
I didn't mind the first two...but Jet Li as a new mummy? and in Asia? It sounds a litle bit like their running out of settings,characters and possibly good storylines...if the effects are still as good as they were in the first two then that may make up for the rest. And i agree, the rotting effects of the corpse were excellent!

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 12:39:39 AM »
There is a way to turn the Mummy 3 from an okay/good movie to a Classic.... make Brendan Frasers New sidekick John C. McGinley

Instant Success!

... possibly a cameo from Zach Braff... as a mummy that loves to hug.
True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 10:22:47 AM »
and who likes uhm...fig-tinis :S ... what kind of fruit did they have in egypt.... no apple-tinis :(
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline Coma1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 12:59:04 PM »
its pretty obviously gunna suck a whole bunch

Offline LASERSPEWPEW

• That Damn Proddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 10:38:51 AM »
I thought the first two sucked, which is what made them awesome.
There are two things I look for in a movie: tacos and explosions. If neither are in the film within 30 seconds, I do not watch it.

Offline MultimediaMan

• Multimedia man: But seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 11:27:36 PM »
it cant be any worse than scorpianking.
A look into the mind of Multimedia man! http://lex-ttd.blogspot.com/