Author Topic: L.A. Noire  (Read 2548 times)

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
L.A. Noire
« on: August 05, 2007, 07:11:17 PM »
Has anyone seen anything on an upcoming game 'L.A Noire'?

I found it randomly the other day, its coming out on the PS3, and its based in Los Angeles the 1940s. U play as a detective i believe, and apparently the colouring-style that they'r using really capture the feel of the 1940s flms. I watched the trailer and it looked pretty sweet, bar the fact its a PS3 exculsive.

But apart from all that jibberish there the main thing that caught my eye was it is being published by Rockstar, but developed by Team Bondi; a Sydney-based developer formed in 2003 for those who dont know. So u guys should check it out, and see the shineyness (not sure thats a real word) coming out of Australian companies.

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/splash.html
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
Re: L.A. Noire
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 10:56:24 PM »
Ooo, Aussie videogame sexiness. Interesting that they'd get an Australian based company to develop a game based seemingly solely in the US...
I wonder how (or if) they're going to try and incorporate noir conventions in the gameplay? I shall look on with interest.

And yes, the PS3 exclusiveness also puts a damper on my parade...
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline damian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 11:02:32 AM »
Team Bondi was set up deliberately for this game here in OZ. The CEO is the man behind "The Getaway" among others. This company try not to compare themselves to other OZ game companies, and as a result are quite allusive.

http://www.teambondi.com/

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 12:03:28 AM »
Yes!! this game just smells of yes... well looks like yes
there aint nothing like detectives and extreeme contrast.

it looks to be one of the many on the horizon for the PS3, the console sellers are aproaching =D
Lair, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigmata, Metal Gear Solid 4,  Little Big Planet and Devil May Cry 4 X)

now alls i need is to buy 1 =S... well theres still 6 months till 1/2 of them are relased..

one day Dane, you'll return from the darkside.... its a dangerous force... and full of faulty consoles and buggy games... not mentioning anything in particubrsursaintsrowmgvfdk ar.

....yay 4 aussie developers
True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 02:13:37 PM »
Oh i sincerely doubt it.. For the 'dark side' is soo very tasty.

And Devil May Cry isnt a PS3 exclusive (twas announced ages ago), its been released from its sony prison, also coming to 360. And Gaiden Sigma is just yet another remake of the original Ninja Gaiden which was great, but the remakes are really pointless cos it was always one of the xbox's greatest games. The PS3 is just getting a revamped version - 3 yrs after its original release..

But i dont like arguing console differences.. Some just arent as good as others....its all a matter of perspective
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 02:31:07 PM by Introgulors »
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 05:36:45 PM »
yes, DMC4 is on the 360 as well, I havent being keeping up to date too much on that one, the last trailer i saw was one of the first, simply showing off the model of Dante.... who now is the enemy =S

but as for Ninja Gaiden Sigma its not a remake of the xbox Ninja Gaiden, however there is a remake of the xbox ninja gaiden rumoured for the 360. Although like all sequalls and spinnoffs I can't see Sigma differing greatly in gameplay from the origional appart from extra weapons and so on.... still DUEL KATANAS FTW!!!

and don't forget that Gaiden was a Great Nintendo game too...

reguardless at least Time Crisis 4 isn't PS3 exclusive.... it's goin arcade as well =D

yeah there isn't too much point on arguing which console is better... YET, we still can't see which of the three will come on top.
True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.