Author Topic: movies that you would recommend  (Read 11319 times)

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
Re: movies that you would recommend
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2007, 09:47:45 PM »
I rather liked the neon evangelian series, i dunno, seemed to be really quite a good watch when it was late night, except the movie, it was twisted, its all on the cartoon channels, like bubblegum toyko 2040 lol. I love the boomer boots.

Maybe im just sad.

Maybe, but Bubblegum Crisis 2040 was the first adult anime I was introduced to when it was on SBS. Ah, the first experience of detail-less animated boobs...
Also, I liked Neon Genesis, but the ending was kinda blown apart, mostly because of dissatisfaction (to the point of death threats) with the series' ending, so they created the movie as a type of really expensive 'I'm sooooo sorry!'
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2007, 10:02:52 PM »
The only good part of Evangelion was the last 2 - 3 eps and the 2nd movie. After watching much... MUCH better series I have grown a personal hatred towards it, one series in particular that turned me was RahXephon. To put it as basically as possible (but this may spark debate) RahXephon is Evangelion with a bigger budget, better concepts, more action AND a main character that ISNT a whinny little bitch.
Watch it and hopefully you'll understand.

Bah... back to movies

I highly recomend Hot Fuzz, made by the same group that gave us Shawn of the Dead... it made my top 10 in an instant. Anyone else seen it and liked/dissliked it?
True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.

Offline zam

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2007, 06:43:33 PM »
massive fan of evangelion!  was basically my bible through years 7-9 or so.  watched rahxephon too but it just didnt click for me the way eva did.  the characters were just so bland.  i fell asleep countless times trying to get through the series!  as far as the concepts and stories go i far preferred eva too, it just seemed so much more powerful.  oh well just my 2 cents...

Offline cheeseninja2002

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2007, 07:23:54 PM »
My dissliking for Eva has also been fueled by groups of fanboys who deem this series "the greatest series ever", It makes me wanna remove their vocal cords cause they dont deserve the right to speech. You just can't call one series the best with such a vast range of styles and genres.

Well it all comes down to personal prefference. It appears my views are very one sided and full of poison... The way i like em!

Oh, i also just... obtained Puni Puni Poemi. If you watched and loved Excell Saga then this is another you'll love (It has Nabeshin in it!!). Made by the same people and voice actors. Only sad part is it goes for a whopping 2 30 min episodes.

Offline zam

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »
yea Puni Puni Poemi is a crackup!

Offline LASERSPEWPEW

• That Damn Proddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2007, 06:01:51 PM »
Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead are awesome - I want to check out Spaced, which is a TV series made by the same guys.

Fight Club is the greatest movie ever created. SE7EN (by the same director, David Fincher), is also an excellent film.

I loved Requiem for a Dream, but haven't seen any of Darren Aronofsky's other films.

Pretty much anything that's a British comedy is hilarious, except Little Britain, which is just tacky.

I also really liked the TV Show Firefly and it's movie sequel Serenity.
There are two things I look for in a movie: tacos and explosions. If neither are in the film within 30 seconds, I do not watch it.

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2007, 11:42:02 PM »
I have to dispute that Little Britain comment; its' tackiness is part of Britain today... Believe me; I'm a Pom and quite willingly state that Britain really isn't that much better than it is portrayed in Little Britain.

And the characterisations do legitimately take advantage of all the stereotypes that hold so true in Britain. The Fat Fighters Club, the Indian people 'can't understand', the kids in trackies thinking they're tough, the gays... That is pretty much a picture of how Britian is!

Offline Coma1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2007, 08:56:27 AM »
Tthere is only one movie I could possibly reccomend as essential viewing.

Bad Boy Bubby...

go out immediately and hire it.

Offline LASERSPEWPEW

• That Damn Proddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2007, 11:50:56 AM »
I have to dispute that Little Britain comment; its' tackiness is part of Britain today... Believe me; I'm a Pom and quite willingly state that Britain really isn't that much better than it is portrayed in Little Britain.

And the characterisations do legitimately take advantage of all the stereotypes that hold so true in Britain. The Fat Fighters Club, the Indian people 'can't understand', the kids in trackies thinking they're tough, the gays... That is pretty much a picture of how Britian is!

Doesn't mean I find it funny.
There are two things I look for in a movie: tacos and explosions. If neither are in the film within 30 seconds, I do not watch it.

Offline cheeseninja2002

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2007, 02:05:17 AM »

Doesn't mean I find it funny.

But it does mean you missunderstand the series... you don't find it funny cause you don't get it.... or cause your a proddy XD .. jkjk

Gah I've been getting excited these last few days. Just found out that George Romero is planning to release his next film this year!!!! its called "Diary of the Dead". The interesting thing about it is that it's set the same night as "Night of the Living Dead". That says to me its either going to be a complete success or a massive flop. The most dissapointing part is I havn't seen Tom Savini's name on the cast and crew at all =(.
Gregory Nicotero at least is doing the special effect again... I like his zombies... his effects are nothing compared to Savinis work though (did the effects for "Dawn of the Dead" 1978).

gah too much rantage..... sleep time.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 06:48:10 PM by cheeseninja2002 »

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2007, 04:33:12 PM »
But it does mean you missunderstand the series... you don't find it funny cause you don't get it.... or cause your a proddy XD .. jkjk

Or it means that his sense of humour differs to that of others. :P

Anyway, "Dairy of the Dead" eh? So about the cheese and milk they consume? Should be hilarious! Spelling mistake much? :D
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2007, 05:24:53 PM »
lactose intolerant zombies.....skim brains...skim braaaaaaaaaains!
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2007, 06:22:16 PM »
The German parody film Manitou's Shoe (or Der Schuh des Manitu) is one of my favorite foreign language comedies just for its pure wackiness. It's a very silly sort of Western Comedy, but despite being a German film, it appears to support a budget (or a better USE of budget) than many comedies being produced here. It's not for everyone, but I enjoyed it immensely. 
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!