Author Topic: Introduce Yourself!  (Read 8781 times)

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 11:38:03 AM »
Ah good old get to know ppl topics.

Name's Dane Kirkland, and like Dave i'm from that wonderful wonderful hole of a town Young.

Im a 2nd yr doin graphic design/multimedia. Iv always been artsy as such, this could come from my mum being an art teacher... who knows??

Throughout high school i had absolutely no clue what the hell i wanted to do with "the rest of my life" as ppl kept putting it. Iv never really been one for decision making, so that also helped me there. The most i knew was that i wanted to do something arty, but not teaching.. Never ever teaching.

My parents are both teachers, so call me prejudiced. I was introduced to Flash in 2002, and it all kinda went uphill from there really. I started teaching myself, seeing how the teachers weren't really animation inclined, all they wanted to do was web sites 4 sum reasonl. So at the end when it came to applying for uni i went in search of something that could combine the 2 and i found this course, which was absolutely perfect.

I really liked 3D, but still default back to 2D as the 'easy' way out, so now im feeling the urge to combine the 2 into some kind of unholy monster :P

So apart from that, i like my music... heavy, fairly heavy gamer and a complete star wars nerd...

That about covers it.
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 09:05:30 PM »
Hello people! My name's Steven Ung and I'm from Sydney. Although located in the south western suburbs, I really don't see myself as fitting the Westie stereotype and try to avoid it at all costs!

After primary schooling, I attended Fort Street High School and as a result, was brainwashed into becoming a competitive, vicious student with a superiority complex that is always making attempts to burst out from a facade of humility. It was also there that I came to the realisation that graphic design and virtually everything associated was where I wanted to be and so I began to teach myself the black arts of photomanipulation and basic animation. Enrolling in the Design Fundamentals TVET course at Design Centre Enmore in Year 11 was the catalyst that pretty much brought me to where I am today - it made me lazy, which made my grades slip into oblivion, which in turn, made me focus on trying to find a graphic 'style' of my own as it seemed to be the only place I could turn to in the face of not being able to get a decent UAI. It also made me appreciative of vector graphics; something which I am clearly immensely grateful for.

Until about mid-last year, I hadn't actively played computer games for about six or seven years, so it was a bit overwhelming coming into the multimedia degree where it seemed almost all the students were adept at virtual sports. I was 'good' at Solitaire.

Mostly a designer at heart, my favourite designers, illustrators and studios include Pete Fowler, Nathan Jurevicius, Tim Biskup, Fafi, Friends With You, Furi Furi, Mori Chack, Jeremy, and Kidrobot among many, many others. I'm an avid Harry Potter geek, a fan of almost all genres of music (mostly based around electronic, indie rock, and J-Pop though), and can never find enough moolah to support these interests.

I've been working as a graphic designer for a yearbook publishing company since early 2006, but due to the hectic nature of second year, I haven't been taking on many projects and am leeching off my parents as a result. Boo(!) to living so far away with no government support.

Oh, and I also like talking about myself.

/rant

Random fact: "Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis" - the longest word I know, learnt in year 5. I haven't found any other to topple its position and after looking up Wikipedia, I now know why.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 09:09:45 PM by UNGCO »
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 02:21:55 AM »
2nd year single degree Multi

Names Nick Dogao, can call me any variation of that ... dont really care what, born and grew up in Wagga... learnt at an early age that there isn't much to do in Wagga but play sport, drink and game.
Went to primary and most of high school in Wagga, but went to Joeys Hunters hill, Sydney for year 11 and 12. Most of school my main interests in a future were in either art or maths... since I traded thinking with RSI and arthritus in 2004 when i got my own pc i guess i just started to get more into the arts side of things. Always was adequite at most things but was... more adequite =S at art based things. Saw Multimedia in the UAC guide and i guess that was it... I now animate. Still don't know what i wanna focus on after uni.... guess that'll come to me in a year or so.

I do love my music, I listen to most things (accept Emo crap, american hip hip and rnb, pop music) but i guess most of my interests are in metal, and you can thank that to "Roots Bloody Roots" by Sepultura. Thanks to this my new born addiction is live performances spending 90% of my spare cash on live.

Started gaming back in the day of the com 64, but didn't really get into it untill we got our own pc running windows 3.1, which is still alive today... unfortunatly the monitor threw in the towel about 2 months ago. Still enjoy Civ 1 and wish i had Gorillas (Q-basic). First console wasn't untill the PlayStation.. have been sony ever since.. and everything branched out from there.

umm... yeah... I drink, I eat, i sleep (sorta), i game, i mosh and i animate....
True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.

Offline orchard

• View Profile
    • http://dashboard.filefront.com/orchard/
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 10:11:02 PM »
hi my names clare, im an exchange student from Chester, England im currently going into my third year of graphic design back home. Here im studying first year animation, which i have really enjoyed, everyone is so friendly and such a pleasure to work with. Im  trying to come back to continue the course after i finish the last part of my degree back home, so fingers crossed :)

Offline lidia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 09:26:49 PM »
This post was an awesome idea!  Hi! Im Lidia and i come from near Forster (Hallidays Point) which is 3hrs above sydney. I went to boarding school at ravenswood in sydney for yr 11 and 12 and had heaps of fun. Now i live in Doman and its awesome and heaps better than west hall :P ! This course was my first choice and I really like it. Its really challenging coz i can hardly use a computer without it breaking let alone all these crazy programs i'd never heard of before! but im getting there :)  Oh!! i got a new favorite food since i came to wagga: everyone needs to go to La Porchetta and get the death by chocolate cake. its amazing. and i found out it costs $75 if you want to buy a whole cake.  thats probably a bit off topic.. umm what else... its 44 days til harry potter 7 (and 34 days til the movie) !! hooray. i like harry potter a bit too much. Thats all my fun facts for now :)

Offline Luke

• "I think i can, I think i can, I know i can! .....
    • View Profile
    • MOB clan
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 04:23:11 AM »
hi  my name is Luke Wrightson   and im an addict...

the problems arised early in my development cycle, just before i hit my teens...
When most of the people my age were into pokemon and tarzos and other 'cool stuff' my Dad brank home this big box with pritty shinny star type of things with this three letters   'MAX'  on the box.   Im like  'COOOOOL' this must be the best game ever in the histroy of everness if it comes with a manual that is amost as heavy as mee!'   I probably would of never cared about it if the character studio v3 manual cover didnt have a uber hit 3D character on it :P

But yeh, the anti-social 3D addiction was born!   I can vividly remember makin my first animation in year 6, where i have a sphere and 2 boxes and made the 'tie fighter' like starwars space ship this crash and do cool s***.   arrrr those were the days...

soo i read the manual   cover to cover,   no understanding it much... but it was more interresting then maths/english and other gay stuff u do in primary/early highschool

To cut the story of my life short... 3D from then on was/is greater then everything. Why? Basicly   what other game from the year 2000 could i still be playing in the year 2007 and not be uber old and retarted     answer: the 3d game   with like countless upgrades and patches,   its like the age of empires games...   it never seems to end...

what was i talkin about    of  my poor excuse for an existance  ok  meh 

Well  highschool revolved around the whole concept of  'Why go out with friends when i can make cool 3d s***?'   

so yeh  graduating year 12 in 05,   got 2 positions for uni like things...   i was going to go to qantm collage and do this  http://www.qantmcollege.edu.au/course_details.cfm?id=2

i was also goin to go to the aie and learn 3dsMAX,  because i was convinced at the time that that was the go     but BA MM in wagga is the go   for REAL !

but it was kinda a long long long way away  since i do live in Narrandera  which is 100km away        then the BA MM degree for early entry came in the mail

And here im   tyed  hugry   posting at 4:20 am   since my computer crashed and writting about my life of a obsessive 3D user

but meh    im havin fun 

Wagga degree owns, thats all
If my work is s***. Then i MUST be told it's s***. And why it's s***. If not... what is the point of a 'Visual Effects Community?'

Offline MultimediaMan

• Multimedia man: But seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 04:04:07 PM »
Im Alex williams, I'm a city boy that hails from Campbelltown (Which is part of southwest Sydney.. to a certain extent).

yeah.. most of my intro was boring so im deciding not to write it.

anyway

Generic Salutation!

A look into the mind of Multimedia man! http://lex-ttd.blogspot.com/

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 04:49:41 PM »
ROight ok, since I have received very "oH YOUUUUR chicken" on the forums in person, as well as being told they thought I was a girl HERE WE GO.
Names john, Im a DUDE. 20yo dude at that. IM from the grotto of Grenfell, birthplace of henry lawson, hte famous alcoholic poet and some such. and there we go!
I am all man!
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline Jeebuz

• Just Jeebuz.
    • View Profile
    • Seraquin @ Deviantart!
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2007, 08:21:42 PM »
Im Jeebuz. Well actually I'm Peter, but Jeebuz will do. I come from the far south east coast, Merimbula, Eden, burragate way. I spent 16 years living in a tiny shed with a "National" brand TV. I remember as a kid watching it as the gulf war went down and being really impressed by the patriot missile systems, not at that time understanding what exactly they were.

I wanted to study International law. I got into TV production, now I'm doing Multimedia. Go figure. :D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 08:23:28 PM by Jeebuz »
Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.

Unless its cool.

Offline Ammon

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 05:07:33 AM »
Well obviously im Ammon, and i like Scott hail from Bathurst, the home of the V8s and the illustrious Mt panorama.

Scott and i go way back, we are old friends from high school, so yeah there's a random funfact.

im 21

i finished yr in 2004 and then took a yr off

im a 2nd yr Graphic Design/Multi student
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit - A wise man does not urinate against the wind