Author Topic: The Last Airbender  (Read 1384 times)

Offline K8

• YEAHHHHHHH!
    • View Profile
The Last Airbender
« on: February 06, 2010, 09:54:49 PM »
 ;D ;D I'm really, really looking forward to this one. The special effects are looking great and I can't wait to see more of these elements! If people havn't seen the latest trailer for it, here's the link:
If you look real closely, you get the first cg look of Appa at 0:07! CG water looks so cool!
'You are awfully cute, but unfortunately you are made of meat!'

Offline K8

• YEAHHHHHHH!
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Airbender
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 10:17:47 PM »
This is the behind the scenes CG testing for the last airbender

;D ;D

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 11:02:00 AM »
Now this film's going to have a difficult grounding; almost purely because of what should be helping a film like this the most: It already has a strong fanbase.
Not even going into the racial casting issues fans have bred into the series (call me whatever you want, but I always thought Aang was white), it's going to be hard to press down three seasons of stellar animated narrative into 2 hours of live action. The effects are impressing me so far, but I'll be interested to see them in more than 2 second cuts between them.

Still, one to watch; let's not hope it's going to be a series that presumes prior knowledge (ie, the Harry Potter movies).
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline K8

• YEAHHHHHHH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 11:13:32 AM »
Yep, good points taken there. The director seems pretty stoked about doing all three films, seeing that he himself is also a major fan of the series. I'm looking forward to seeing how the creators of the series work with the director in regards to the scripting also. 3 seasons packed into about 6 hours - that's gonna take some thinking! ;D