Author Topic: Project: Wound up.  (Read 2693 times)

Offline MultimediaMan

• Multimedia man: But seriously.
    • View Profile
Project: Wound up.
« on: May 22, 2007, 12:45:42 AM »
Treatment:

A wind up toy seeks immortality.

Story:

A wind up toy is wound for the first time and starts moving around, at first oblivious to what is keeping him alive, he then makes the connection. each time he moves, the key in his back turns, he didn't know exactly how long he had left so he frantically starts to devise ways to keep the key wound. At first its string, tired to an anchor to hook the key to turn it, it worked for a short period of time but was only a stop gap measure. He manages to create a obscene rig that would help him attain his goal, it starts and it winds up his key but goes to far  and the key pops out causing his spring to un-spool. He frantically chases after the key with this rig on his back finally getting to it and is about to return it and activate the machine when he runs out of time.

----

Ive already talked to a few people in regards to this and brought, so far, two people on board to this project... i think or was it one. Either way its an idea ive been thinking about for a while and will become at tool for me to expand my horizons and start using stop motion animation.

Ive talked to John lewis (i think) the master behind 'bird house' to find out a starting point for stop motion animation, i also talked to Malcolm as well to see what he though of the idea and what would be the focuses to make it a worth while animation and not just 'cutsie s***'

im just curious to see if people would like to see this done, lend a hand in anyway from spare parts for props to money etc.
A look into the mind of Multimedia man! http://lex-ttd.blogspot.com/

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
Re: Project: Wound up.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 01:40:55 AM »
Yeah dude, the idea was great the first time around and now that it's been written down, I find it just as good. I'm up for helping out, but I guess it depends on when you're planning on working on it. (I'm a Sydney boy so I usually feel compelled to go back once break comes around.)

I can always criticize I guess. :D
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline ~matt~

• Staff
  • by the hand of the animator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 03:00:53 AM »
 ;D that story sounds awesome ! ........ i could see it happening really really well ........ a good clear story line , that could be as funny as you want to make it :P

Offline Jeebuz

• Just Jeebuz.
    • View Profile
    • Seraquin @ Deviantart!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 10:04:27 AM »
Pull apart many little clocks and toys. Gears! Must have many gears! Weights, pendulums, sting, rubber bands, etc! Fun.
Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.

Unless its cool.

Offline megatron

• View Profile
    • meg willis
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 08:25:01 PM »
its a really cool idea, the little toy sounds like he has a lot of character, or maybe i just imagine it with a lot of character... either way its a pretty good idea..

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 11:12:51 PM »
I'd be happy to help out with creating/detailing some props or backgrounds, but as a first year, I can't exactly vouch that my skills will be particularly refined...

I'm just thinking; if it's stop motion, that means that key keeps turning at a steady rate all the way through every movement, right? Any idea of how to keep accurate track of that (I understand that it won't ACTUALLY be winding at the time) or work around it?
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline MultimediaMan

• Multimedia man: But seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 12:40:50 AM »
so now that i have 5 minutes to sit and scratch my noggin.... i can actually dive into this project.
A look into the mind of Multimedia man! http://lex-ttd.blogspot.com/

Offline DjDan

• www.danielmuller.com.au
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 12:16:15 AM »
Yeah I like the story, it is different but also entertaining and sad in a way! :(
djdan is the man!
FCKGWRHQQ2YXRKT8TG6W2B7Q8