Author Topic: Hell, it's about time  (Read 4836 times)

Offline LASERSPEWPEW

• That Damn Proddy
    • View Profile
Hell, it's about time
« on: May 19, 2007, 08:22:05 PM »
There are two things I look for in a movie: tacos and explosions. If neither are in the film within 30 seconds, I do not watch it.

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
Re: Hell, it's about time
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 12:02:46 AM »
Well, blessed be.
In case people can't tell from the link, Starcraft 2, sequel to the classic RTS smash, has been announced today! (or yesterday, as of two minutes ago.)
I have admittedly high hopes for this game...
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline JimWard

• Not Entirely Sane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 03:20:20 AM »
Hell Yeah.

The trailer is awesome. I think I'll bring it to the dailies on Monday, purely for the sake of coolness. :P
Would-be photoshop demi-god, image manipulating holy-ness, and otherwise completely humble MM

Offline Jeebuz

• Just Jeebuz.
    • View Profile
    • Seraquin @ Deviantart!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 11:23:41 AM »
The screenshots tend to look like Warcraft III with Zerg... Can anyone say Tyranid? ;D
Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.

Unless its cool.

Offline JimWard

• Not Entirely Sane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 11:41:35 AM »
*shrugs* to me it looks and feels like the original Starcraft with updates in a 3D engine (clearly). Blizzard is always like that, though. They're not big on cutting edge graphics, they simply prefer to stylize their art (sort of like Team Fortress 2) which, in some cases, I have no problem with. (I detested how far they took this in Warcraft 3) I'm glad they kept the feel of the original, otherwise it wouldn't have been the same.

Would-be photoshop demi-god, image manipulating holy-ness, and otherwise completely humble MM

Offline LASERSPEWPEW

• That Damn Proddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 02:36:30 PM »
From some of the reading up I did, I understand that the game has been in development since 2003 (straight after The Frozen Throne came out). The multiplayer component is complete (or near complete) as well I believe.
There are two things I look for in a movie: tacos and explosions. If neither are in the film within 30 seconds, I do not watch it.

Offline zam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 02:40:42 PM »
trailer = too good

game = rubbish

it looks ass imo.  i know it all about THE GAMEPLAY(!), but deep down i was really hoping for something cutting edge

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 05:38:07 PM »
It has the trademark Blizzard look. I'm actually happy that it has the Starcraft aesthetic, but with a bit of the Warcraft III exaggeration mixed in.
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline Jabba_Wocky

• Decimation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 09:32:35 PM »
dammit, what about us diablo fans, wtf blizzard, where is diablo 3? screw starcraft.
Tread softly, and carry a big gun.

Offline Ammon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 06:48:06 PM »
dammit, what about us diablo fans, wtf blizzard, where is diablo 3? screw starcraft.

Blasphemy !! thou shalt not utter such herectical comments !!

though i agree that Diablo 3 needs to be made.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit - A wise man does not urinate against the wind

Offline LASERSPEWPEW

• That Damn Proddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 07:31:13 PM »
Diablo 3 probably won't happen given that the majority of the developers left Blizzard to form Flagship.

Offline Ammon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 10:00:07 PM »
Diablo 3 probably won't happen given that the majority of the developers left Blizzard to form Flagship.

Noooooooooooo

oh well, we can still dare to dream
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit - A wise man does not urinate against the wind

Offline LASERSPEWPEW

• That Damn Proddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 11:49:48 AM »
Just wait for Hellgate London :P

Offline Ammon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 12:24:26 PM »
Just wait for Hellgate London :P
Yeah that looks awesome !!

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 01:09:19 AM »
its about time they anounce it, but I'm not really hyped... it looks like it'll be a shiny starcraft, nothing revolutionary.

I think its time blizzard made something new... Lifecraft!! the new mmorpg to take the world by storm!! Why go outside when you can sit in the safety of your own home and acomplish just as much.. sometimes MORE!! who needs freinds? your LIFECRAFT TOON!! if hes lonely too long he'll become an EMO and cut himself when you log... just dont forget to level up your breathing skills.
True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.