Author Topic: New Transformers Trailer  (Read 5181 times)

Offline LASERSPEWPEW

• That Damn Proddy
    • View Profile
New Transformers Trailer
« on: May 19, 2007, 05:47:08 PM »

For once I'm actually impressed by something that came from Michael Bay. But he still may have sodomised it in the end, after all, trailers can be deceiving.
There are two things I look for in a movie: tacos and explosions. If neither are in the film within 30 seconds, I do not watch it.

Offline Jabba_Wocky

• Decimation
    • View Profile
Re: New Transformers Trailer
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 02:44:02 AM »
dam, my hat goes off the the animator's. seems they have pulled off something pretty special. Definetely on my "To See" list.
Tread softly, and carry a big gun.

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 11:24:11 PM »
dear god that trailer made me go "im seeing it on release"... i was looking forawrd to it anyway... it being transformers and all, but the trailer kinda confirmed my money being spent...

but like u said trailer can b deceiving... i mean look at Spiderman.... i like to watch the trailer and note in my head "that is the movie..nothing else happened"
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 11:27:08 AM »
Well, it is a trailer; it's there to make us want to go see the film, not flash up on the screen '37 minutes of needless dialog/unresolved sexual tension!'
I've been looking forward to this film since the moment I heard it exists; sure people always hate Micheal Bay, but it has giant robots (who are occasionally in disguise) beating each other up and mercilessly destroying our armies. Where can it go wrong?
[PS. Please do not tell me where it can go wrong]
[PPS. If you must tell me where the film can go wrong, don't just say, 'Micheal Bay', we all know already]
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 11:45:33 AM »
I thought they made optimus a robot emo or something.... Im sure it was on applegeeks.com
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline Jabba_Wocky

• Decimation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 12:39:07 PM »
are you for real? since when was Michael bay a bad director. i enjoyed his directing a lot. but you can tell it was a michael bay film but come on. Bad Boys I & II, The Rock (your silly if you don't think this is a classic), Armageddon, Pearl Harbour, The Island. He is also doing the directing for an upcoming game-to-film adaption called Prince of Persia - Sands of Time still in production but looking at a release in 2008. Michael bay haters, i smite you!  >:( 8)

although 2012: The War for Souls is in pre-production, it seems a bit shaky, the story that is.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 12:43:54 PM by Jabba_Wocky »

Offline LASERSPEWPEW

• That Damn Proddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 06:51:33 PM »
I'm trying to work out your argument for claiming Michael Bay is a good director... can't see it beyond naming a bunch of really bad movies.

Team America said it best "I guess Pearl Harbour sucked just a little bit more than I miss you."
There are two things I look for in a movie: tacos and explosions. If neither are in the film within 30 seconds, I do not watch it.

Offline Jabba_Wocky

• Decimation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 12:35:45 AM »
Well i finally i had enough money to buy a ticket to watch the movie and was amazed at what ILM had done. I did find some parts of the movie were "corny". But overall a good movie. Some people just seem to have high standards when it comes to films. Also i didn't realise a director's job was to write the story of a movie.

People with High standards for films = no favourite movies. :(

Offline zam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
well i thought transformers was FAN-FU-CKING-TASTIC! most fun ive had watching a film in years.  anyone that says otherwise is a band-wagon-hopping michael bay hater

Offline Tia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 01:16:09 PM »
I love transformers, and the main lead was fantastic!!! his first main role, but it was really well done.

but hated the end.
Every Master was first an amateur.

Offline Pamz0r

• Purple ToonBoom Wizard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 11:48:16 AM »
Transformers aye?.... well well...
Despite the fact that i thought it would blow chunks, it was really really good!....but the end bit is kinda weird, bumble bee wants to stay with the boy, why? so that they can make out on the bonnet of him in his car form of course! sick, twisted robot man! :-P
Thats the only thing that confused me slightly...

And Dan, i loved The Island, and Armageddon...Pearl Harbour sucked, but why? because of the crap storyline of course... but if u ignore everything else...lol...its an okay thing to watch....if u are into plane fights and the fact that america is being bombed.....

But hey, why cant we just say Michael Bay isnt a bad director, he's just directed a few crappy ones, but at least they've actually hit the big screen, so they mustn't be all that bad!
The Island is an excellent movie, and on that note- so is transformers... so he cant be all that bad, right?
:)

Offline LASERSPEWPEW

• That Damn Proddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 10:34:04 PM »
And Dan, i loved The Island, and Armageddon...Pearl Harbour sucked, but why? because of the crap storyline of course... but if u ignore everything else...lol...its an okay thing to watch....if u are into plane fights and the fact that america is being bombed.....

But hey, why cant we just say Michael Bay isnt a bad director, he's just directed a few crappy ones, but at least they've actually hit the big screen, so they mustn't be all that bad!
The Island is an excellent movie, and on that note- so is transformers... so he cant be all that bad, right?

Successful film =\= good film. Also, let's not ignore the fact that for some odd reason he chose to use modern day destroyers in Pearl Harbour, thinking no one would notice.

Offline Pamz0r

• Purple ToonBoom Wizard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 03:50:48 PM »
i didnt notice... lol
:)

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 07:55:53 PM »
well i thought transformers was FAN-FU-CKING-TASTIC! most fun ive had watching a film in years.  anyone that says otherwise is a band-wagon-hopping michael bay hater

And dare be the chance that they merely have a different opinion to you, yet not a vendetta against the director. Because that would be silly.
I rather enjoyed the film. I do wish that it had more concentration on the actual Transformers than the humans, and maybe if Megatron's every dialogue didn't boil down to 'I AM AGGRESSIVE!' and Optimus's to 'I AM HONOURABLE'. But then, he did say the line 'Freedom is the right of all sentient beings', so I'm rather pleased. And maybe if the story wasn't really just 'The millenia old war of Cybertron, and How it Made one Hell of a Weekend'. The visual effects were of course amazing, astounding and various other descriptive words to that cucumber, and seeing Starscream take down the other jets in mid-flight made the entire film a worthwhile watch.

Also, let's not ignore the fact that for some odd reason he chose to use modern day destroyers in Pearl Harbour, thinking no one would notice.

Yeah, and that was the ONLY thing wrong with that film either historically or technically.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:00:07 PM by Atcote »
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline LASERSPEWPEW

• That Damn Proddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 05:14:46 AM »
Yeah, and that was the ONLY thing wrong with that film either historically or technically.  ::)

Well, I could go into more detail if you want :D

Trey Parker and Matt Stone said it best: "I guess Pearl Harbour sucks, just a little bit more than I miss you."