Author Topic: Windows 7 RC  (Read 3214 times)

Offline John

• View Profile
Windows 7 RC
« on: May 09, 2009, 11:29:03 PM »
I was reformatting my laptop this weekend, so I installed Windows 7.

It was probably the smoothest install in the history of the universe, every driver was either already in the library or was obtained through auto install. It's so much smoother than Vista - even with SP2. There's none of those lag issues, and my boot time is about 20 seconds better off. I haven't had any software compatibility issues thus far either, with Maya & Creative Suite both running correctly.

And Media Centre is still the s***.

I'll probably dual boot it on my desktop tomorrow.

Offline Corbs

• Grubs And Cats. You Know What I Mean
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 7 RC
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 10:09:59 AM »
Windows 7 is pretty sweet. At least the betas were. Looking forward to getting it on next pc. Bumbs Down to Vista though
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize youíre wrong.

Offline rowan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 12:55:21 PM »
Is it just vista with improved coding, or is it actually a fresh operating system?

<3 Rowan
Animation? That's pretty much just done by Bridget nowadays... Bridget is ok I guess!!!! <3 <3 <3

Offline Corbs

• Grubs And Cats. You Know What I Mean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 07:50:53 PM »
Thats not important. What is important is that its BETTER than vista
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize youíre wrong.

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 09:15:13 PM »
Is it just vista with improved coding, or is it actually a fresh operating system?

<3 Rowan

It's vista with improved coding. Until they stop basing their operating systems on NT they'll all be fundamentally similar.

Has there been ANY significant technological advancements since 1990?

Offline rowan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 10:11:55 PM »
plug and play?

<3 Rowan
Animation? That's pretty much just done by Bridget nowadays... Bridget is ok I guess!!!! <3 <3 <3

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 11:08:03 AM »
Ok, so I've got a Creative Zen MP3 player. It's pretty awesome, at least 7x greater than an iPod, but as it's rather old now with a relatively low profile, support in recent times has become a bit of a nightmare. In the past, it required WMP9 (perhaps ten, I don't remember) to syncronise correctly, and most importantly to update/install the firmware. It died a couple of months ago, so I reformatted it. Don't ask me why the version of media player installed affects the firmware, but it does. I literally had to install a clean XP with no service pack to get it up and running again. Come Saturday, I left it in my car in the sun, and it died again. Once it cooled down, I did a reformat and plugged it into 7 to see what would happen.

BOOM. It recognised it, found the firmware update, then automatically synced with the my music folder. And it shows battery remaining as a percentage. The player doesn't even do that. Yeah.

Offline Pamz0r

• Purple ToonBoom Wizard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 03:35:40 PM »
man thats pretty cool. btw, creative ftw ( i have a creative zen micro- its old, but reliable ^_^)
I also am now running on windows7. and it is pretty fancy. But what i wish is that Windows cut all the crappy pretty stuff and made a operating system that works without having a pretty blue rotating donut, and a ripple everytime u click with a wacom. Yes, im aware that you can turn these features off. But nuts to spending a whole day turning off all the little pretty things  :P What Windows should do is instead of trying to copy the prettiness of the new Apple stuff being pumped out, they should set themselves apart from them. Nerds like windows. its just a fact. they should make it more nerd friendly and less pretty  ;) But im not going to complain too much because I myself am completely incapable of creating an operating system. lol .
In comparison with Vista, Win7 already blows poo particles in its general direction. Bring on win7's sept release!! w000t
:)