Author Topic: Spider man 3  (Read 5846 times)

Offline MultimediaMan

• Multimedia man: But seriously.
    • View Profile
Spider man 3
« on: May 06, 2007, 10:48:44 PM »
just got back from seeing it... not a bad movie though i probably still prefer the first two over this one.

Gripes:-
Director of photography needs to be shot. I had a lot of trouble being able to focus on the fight and action scenes through out the movie because there were so many cuts here and there and so much blur... i seriously have a headache after watching this film.

A look into the mind of Multimedia man! http://lex-ttd.blogspot.com/

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
Re: Spider man 3
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 11:19:45 PM »
I agree that the cinematography was horrible overall. Not only were some scenes unwatchable solely for the reason that all the blurring meant that there was nothing to watch, but many shots seemed to be taken from the book of cliches.

My major gripe with this film was the flimsy way everything was connected. The story felt like a montage of random events held together only by the number of characters one has already been introduced to - in this case, they tried to use everyone, everywhere. Sure there was more humour and most of the time, they were able to pull it off, but it seemed to be there to hide the lack of substance within the film. The first two were able to handle their subject matter more deftly.

All that said, I at least found consolation in the fact that plot points were wrapped up and the special effects weren't at all corny.

EDIT: Oh, and the part on the bridge felt like a poorly acted play. I couldn't help but laugh.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 12:06:55 AM by UNGCO »
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 12:30:40 AM »
what about the final scene where he dives into action, jumping up to pose in front of a big wavy american flag for a second. Sure patriotism and all that, but come one, why do american movies always make you want to PUKE with all the patriotic crud.

Peter parker looks like peter petrelli after he does the whole emo eyeliner thing too....odd that.

Whats the go with venoms face going human all the time, BAH, I don't want to look at that, I want kewl screamy rage Venom, not all "moo Im an emo depressed photographer whine whine whine"

BAH.

Mary Jane is blah too, only goes with men when they are rich, the school jock or a friggen super hero, what a user.
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline MultimediaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 12:53:58 AM »

My major gripe with this film was the flimsy way everything was connected. The story felt like a montage of random events held together only by the number of characters one has already been introduced to - in this case, they tried to use everyone, everywhere. Sure there was more humour and most of the time, they were able to pull it off, but it seemed to be there to hide the lack of substance within the film. The first two were able to handle their subject matter more deftly.

False Correlation ftw.

Offline JimWard

• Not Entirely Sane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 01:15:16 AM »
My favourite scene in the film, in fact, one might say the ONLY good scene in the film, was where the Editor of that magazine kept getting the crap scared out of him by the buzzer.

Heck, I only saw it 3 hours ago and already I've forgotten 90% of it.

...Well, my head has. My stomach is still protesting the nauseous cinematography.
Would-be photoshop demi-god, image manipulating holy-ness, and otherwise completely humble MM

Offline MultimediaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 01:25:43 AM »
remember what hages said
every time you move the camera, you are grabbing the back of someones head and forcing it to see something else.

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 01:42:46 AM »
My favourite scene in the film, in fact, one might say the ONLY good scene in the film, was where the Editor of that magazine kept getting the crap scared out of him by the buzzer.

I'd actually forgotten about that scene... but admittedly it was quite amusing when on screen. You may have been left nauseous but I was left wanting like a child in a poverty stricken nation. Tasteless.

Mary Jane is blah too, only goes with men when they are rich, the school jock or a friggen super hero, what a user.

"That was OUR KISS!"

Didn't see that coming at all. Come on, get squished already!
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline Pamz0r

• Purple ToonBoom Wizard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 07:44:29 AM »
aww, i actually liked it!
I didnt even notice the blurr that seems to have made most people dizzy or sick etc.
You should have been expecting the Mary Jane and Peter Parker love crud that is in every other spiderman movie, but the thing that got me this time was the horrible horrible crying act by Toby Maguire when his dear friend Harry died... i mean what the hell? was he laughing, crying or taking a crap?
The thing that made me laugh the hardest was that damn American flag! LOL. Damn Americans and their love of their crappy flag.
I liked Peter Parker when he went all emo, he was sexier and funner!  :D and did cool walky dance things down the street.
The magazine editor dude, was funny as always.
I didnt mind the comic relief in this movie, i think it added to the overall good feeling at the end of the movie.

Buuuuut.....what would i know? i didnt like 300 but i like spiderman 3. perhaps im built backwards?
:)

Offline MultimediaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 10:54:50 AM »

Buuuuut.....what would i know? i didnt like 300 but i like spiderman 3. perhaps im built backwards?

HEATHEN! :P heh. just kidding

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 02:15:25 PM »
Lol, Tobey maguire (sp?) always looks watery eyed and stuff, but I have to agree the crying scenes were PAINFUL. He also can't dance and that was embarrasing/amusing to watch :D
Black spidey suit was WAY better than american flag suit.
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline Ammon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 03:49:33 PM »
I found this movie to be very disappointing mainly the emo peter parker and his lame dancing. But the way they as good as killed off 3 super villians. Green Goblin 2 dead, venom apparently blown up and then sandman was all like i did lots of things i regret im sorry.

But the black suit was cool.

I also noticed the framed newpaper headline reading Dr Octopus still at large.

all in all i was disappointed by this film.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit - A wise man does not urinate against the wind

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 06:26:10 PM »
Disappointing to say the least.

Personally i think they tried to take on too much - 3 villains, therefore having like 4 diff storylines going along at the same time.

I agree with others mentioned the cinematography, there was one scene (Sandman hiding in the truck) and i found the camera movements so unsettling, i almost couldnt look at the screen.

Emo Spiderman was just lame.. "Oh look my reflection!" **pulls fringe down**. Just lame.

I swear a breif summary of the film would b comedy, crying and dancing. Theres ur film.

Venom turned up in the last half hr just like i expected (had hoped 4 sumthin diff but hey). Harry losing his memory was just poorly done - it was like they had no clu wat to do with him for half the film.

Im gonna stop b4 my rant goes further.

Basically the only thing i liked bout the film was the special fx, an the evilness of James Franco's smile.
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline zam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 06:45:56 PM »
I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE COULD POSSIBLY BE DISAPPOINTED BY THIS FILM!

i mean seriously, it looked terrible from the moment i saw the trailer!  the whole series is shocking! so bad! am i the only person who thinks the 3d spiderman is a f***ing blobby disgrace? somehow all the hideous trailers and publicity convinced the world this movie would somehow be good!  and how bout that wagga exclusive trailer they cut for forum6... even worse!

I FEEL LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS!

but then again i dislike any superheroes dressed in red and blue...  so yea im biased.  but seriouslly!  so bad!

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 08:12:17 PM »
I'd have to say this film was just crap accept for 2 things

Stan Lee and Bruce Campbell

I must say I didn't recignise Bruce at first without the chainsaw attached to his arm but still they deserve best actor at the... extras awards?
True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.

Offline MultimediaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 01:50:04 AM »
I'd have to say this film was just crap accept for 2 things

Stan Lee and Bruce Campbell

I must say I didn't recignise Bruce at first without the chainsaw attached to his arm but still they deserve best actor at the... extras awards?

yeah.. didn't recognize Campbell.. but i saw his name in the opening credits.