Author Topic: What Have You Watched Today?  (Read 1668 times)

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
What Have You Watched Today?
« on: May 06, 2007, 06:23:46 PM »
This is a thread that has been used at a number of forums I frequent, so why not here...
Simply post a short write-up on any movie you have watched during the day...
Obviously here, it'd be better to focus less on storyline details and what not like other forums do, but rather on the visual effects/artistic direction of the movies...

Today, I've watched 300 but I posted my review in the 300 thread, so it's kinda pointless writing it here, but still here it is...
This time less in awe of the movie and watching from more of a visual effects stand-point... The wolf was a big let-down in my eyes... It didn't have the realistic feel most of the rest of the movie retained. The movie deisgn; the comic book feel with very strong sepia tones throughout worked perfectly. The battle scenes with the mix of slow-motion camera movements and what not add to this effect, though some of the stabbings weren't entirely realistic in terms of how the body would react (more spurting blood rather than delicate drops flying off on certain stabbings)... Anyhow it's still an amazing movie to me!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 06:25:30 PM by rdarnz »

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
Re: What Have You Watched Today?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 04:18:34 AM »
I watched The Great Escape yesterday evening and as always I loved it! It's one of those classic movies that wouldn't have been done right in any era of movie-making other than the 60s. And what continues to amaze me is the innovation in creating an open tunnel set to film the tunneling scenes. Anyway, that's all for now - I'm up late and going back to bed after this cup of tea... :D