Author Topic: Interesting Music Videos  (Read 6101 times)

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
Interesting Music Videos
« on: May 06, 2007, 12:23:00 AM »
Watch this video:

Dir En Grey was originally a Japanese Visual Kei band, but in recent years, their image has changed to a less flamboyant display. The link leads you to one of their more controversial videos (actually unrated), titled OBSCURE. It's mass gross out with a lot of blood and oozing liquid, but the effects featured and production in general is top notch.

Squeamish people should probably refrain from viewing, but anyone else really should take a look.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 11:52:58 PM by UNGCO »
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
Re: Dir En Grey - OBSCURE
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 11:05:49 PM »
Wow... thats sooooo freakin nice.

I haven't heard much Japanese metal... at all (if thats what they're considered) me likes the music much... must find CD's

I must say the first 30 seconds or so just reminded me of the Silent Hill games alot for sum reason... musta been the gore and coolness of it (wouldn't be surprised if pyramid head was just taking a walk in the background).

2 clips I've come across over the year i though I'd might add (production values prob not as high, but still cool): and (2001)
True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
Re: Interesting Music Videos
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 11:53:32 PM »
Just thought I'd change the title of this thread since you've added some more Nick. Probably just stick whatever videos people think are nifty up here.
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 01:11:30 AM »
Well if anyone knows where I can find the music video to "Imani coppola - I'm a tree" I will be UTTERLYgreatful to the max!
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 02:45:20 PM »
Okay, I don't know how I feel about the music, but Basement Jaxx has one of my favorite music videos for 'Take me back to your house'.

Watch it here:

Sure, it mixes Russian icons with the Ukrainian Dance, but bears are doing it! Bears, I tells ya!
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline Pamz0r

• Purple ToonBoom Wizard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 03:15:35 PM »
just thought i'd add a small post about slipknots stop motion film clips...
vermillion <-- excellent
and wait and bleed. <-- pretty funny
btw i'll check those other film clips out when i get my comp with sound :-P
:)

Offline cheeseninja2002

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 12:18:17 AM »
Two extreemly good video clips (imo) that have crossed my path are:
(1996)
(1993)
Both of them are by Tool and the second one sober is mostly Stop Motion too. I must say they are a bit... out there

Also a funny little I came  across not too long ago. Some guy taking the piss outta trivium. Couldn't stop laughing first time  I watched this.

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 04:28:27 AM »
If we're on the topic of cool visual effects/animation in music videos; I'd reccomend checking out a lot of Weird Al's music videos; particularly Don't Download This Song which is one I really enjoyed.

Also, how about U2's Vertigo - has always looked to me to be a huge green-screen fest!

Scissor Sisters' I Don't Feel Like Dancin' video could easily be re-produced or similar results obtained by someone with a bit of Photoshop and After Effects knowledge, I reckon.

Any Gorrilaz song is also note-worthy... I mean they created an animated band for them!!

Franz Ferdinand's Take Me Out is amazing in terms of unique artistic direction.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers' Californication is an awesome animation; although the 3D work leaves a bit to be desired... Actually, lookin' again the 3D work is reflective of a video game and that's the feel they seem to be looking for, so I dunno...

An awesome video for morphing is Michael Jackson's Black Or White - it's actually harder to do than it looks. Believe me, we had to follow the process with only two pictures for Year 12 IPT and it's not as simple as it appears.

And as noted/viewed in class; Sledgehammer and Take On Me are definately worth a look.
That's all on the music video front from me for now...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 04:34:35 AM by rdarnz »

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 03:49:05 PM »
If we're on the topic of cool visual effects/animation in music videos; I'd reccomend checking out a lot of Weird Al's music videos; particularly Don't Download This Song which is one I really enjoyed.

See, this is why it's worth it to buy the actual CD of the work; Weird Al's 'Straight out of Lynwood' included a DVD of various animations for some of the songs on the CD. It even has one from the creator of Ren and Stimpy, among other quite popular animators. 'Don't Download this Song' is a really quite good hand-drawn style one though.
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline Ormannov

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 08:37:38 AM »
Usually anything that is touched by Spike Jonze, Michel Gondry, Chris Cunningham, Paul Gore, Mark Romanek,  Jonathan Glazer, Anton Corbijn, and St├ęphane Sednaoui turns out to be a cool clip.
This forum has all the charm and charisma of the Nuremberg Trials.

Offline Tia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 08:58:48 AM »
Watch this video:

Dir En Grey was originally a Japanese Visual Kei band, but in recent years, their image has changed to a less flamboyant display. The link leads you to one of their more controversial videos (actually unrated), titled OBSCURE. It's mass gross out with a lot of blood and oozing liquid, but the effects featured and production in general is top notch.

Squeamish people should probably refrain from viewing, but anyone else really should take a look.

I didnt realise i was squeamish, but eww. Now i wonder what they are actually singing about but i would probably prefer not to know.
Every Master was first an amateur.

Offline cheeseninja2002

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 09:56:47 AM »
I didnt realise i was squeamish, but eww. Now i wonder what they are actually singing about but i would probably prefer not to know.

Its an anti-abortion song so yeah.

Offline Pamz0r

• Purple ToonBoom Wizard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 01:25:55 PM »

Mindless Self Indulgence usually have some quite interesting film clips....well.. they only have 2 official ones  :P

Straight To Video :
and
Shut Me Up:
:)

Offline timmy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 01:45:11 PM »
They may be a bit melancholy, but Radiohead have some awesome clips.

Karma Police - directed by Jonathan Glazer - http://youtube.com/watch?v=5LeLAELIxKY&mode=related&search=
This clip was done by leaking carbon monoxide (I think) into the car to make thom yorke all sleepy looking throughout the clip. A bit weird, but I like the clip anyway.

No suprises - http://youtube.com/watch?v=qqsyXdj_p_I&mode=related&search=

Haha... HE NEARLY DIED. All shot in one take, had to be resusitated after one take.

Street spirit - http://youtube.com/watch?v=BrZTNhW44-o&mode=related&search=

Just...um...cool?

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 12:27:04 AM »
Just to state a Weird Al video I found a couple of days ago:

http://www.jibjab.com/originals/do_i_creep_you_out

It's of course by the boys at Jib Jab, a pair of rather popular Flash animators who've made American political parodies such as 'This Land' and '2-0-5' (both worthwhile animated music videos in themselves).

Enjoy!

And now... this!