Author Topic: Shrek The 3rd  (Read 2568 times)

Offline Ammon

• View Profile
Shrek The 3rd
« on: May 05, 2007, 04:04:26 PM »
Anyone interested, personally im going i've seen a trailer for it and it looks pretty good

what does everyone else think ?
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit - A wise man does not urinate against the wind

Offline Keaton

• Gamer @ Heart
    • View Profile
    • My CSU Webspace
Re: Shrek The 3rd
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 11:39:17 PM »
Yea i find it interesting how they reconstructed all the main characters from scratch.
Anyone know any comparison pictures to see the difference?
They tried to make them look pretty much the same.
(-/\-)
   '''

Offline Ammon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 11:42:39 PM »
can't say i noticed any difference in the trailers i saw.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit - A wise man does not urinate against the wind

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 10:36:18 PM »
I'm gonna go see it definately.
My damn brother saw it for 1$US the other day... Damn him being in Las Vegas! :S
Apparently, there are already plans for a fourth... Not a good idea; seems like they're watering the whole Shrek concept down because soon they'll run out of fairy-tales to parody/satirise.

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 10:49:22 PM »
Apparently, there are already plans for a fourth... Not a good idea; seems like they're watering the whole Shrek concept down because soon they'll run out of fairy-tales to parody/satirise.

Well, I feel that a reason Shrek does so well is that (at least for now) it doesn't parody a single fairy tale - in fact, if anything, they make throw-away lines to them, and contain their characters and (occasionally) settings, but the storyline is mostly original, at least in terms of parody. The first movie was a parody of the 'handsome knight saving the princess from the tower', and the second film was a follow up to that in a 'Meet the Parents' kind of way.
Anyway, I'm interested in seeing the film, but I think I'll only see it if I have a few friends to see it with.
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline Pamz0r

• Purple ToonBoom Wizard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 10:57:59 PM »
I think with all the Shrek movies, you watch them a few times and they lose their magic.
Except the first one was different, it didnt lose its magic until the second one was released...
The movies are great until it is talked up by everyone everywhere and all you see is SHREK SHREK SHREK everywhere!! to the point where all you want to do is rip apart and burn all the shrek merchandise! (perhaps thats just me?)  :D with the exception of the blow up Shrek "S" i have hanging in my loungeroom of course! lol!

I'd go and see it, they're always good for a laugh, and i love the cute little puss in boots face! *mush*!
:)

Offline MultimediaMan

• Multimedia man: But seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 11:29:24 PM »

Well, I feel that a reason Shrek does so well is that (at least for now) it doesn't parody a single fairy tale - in fact, if anything, they make throw-away lines to them, and contain their characters and (occasionally) settings, but the storyline is mostly original, at least in terms of parody. The first movie was a parody of the 'handsome knight saving the princess from the tower', and the second film was a follow up to that in a 'Meet the Parents' kind of way.
Anyway, I'm interested in seeing the film, but I think I'll only see it if I have a few friends to see it with.

Problem is, i dont think the third one is up to scratch, great graphics, awesome detail but it isnt as funny as the first one.
A look into the mind of Multimedia man! http://lex-ttd.blogspot.com/

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 02:26:45 PM »
yeh i saw it the other day.. it wasnt too bad, but it felt like it was leading up to a 'big scene' - seeing how the other 2 seemed to hav a big scene in there towards the end, but just when u thought it was there the movie ended... so not so great
Mental High Five!! *wtch*