Author Topic: Favoritest Band/Song ever !  (Read 15096 times)

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
Re: Favoritest Band/Song ever !
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2007, 09:51:24 PM »
My top five most played at the moment is reading...
  • Over My Head (Cable Car) by The Fray
  • The Tide by The Spill Canvas
  • Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
  • Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley
  • Far Away by Nickelback
Pretty mainstream stuff at the moment, so take that as you wish!?!

Offline Pamz0r

• Purple ToonBoom Wizard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2007, 11:44:51 PM »
Iris- Goo Goo Dolls, great song. i love the film clip too.
Far Away- Nickelback is a good song, but very overplayed like on the radio etc.

Anyone heard Zero7- In The Waiting Line.
its on the Garden State soundtrack. it would have to be one of my "favouritest songs ever". :)
:)

Offline zam

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2007, 12:07:58 AM »
yea im a big fan of zero 7 until their songs all start to sound the same...

Offline Pamz0r

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 09:20:05 PM »
i've been looking for more zero 7 stuff, but have failed in my search... :-(

I've recently discovered Korn, pretty sad i know to have only just discovered them now....
but i've never really been into them much...
the song "Coming Undone" has won me over. it is just excellent.
I'm addicted and i cant stop listening to it!

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 10:07:05 PM »
mmm... korn... korn korn korn, still can't get Korn Disturbed and Hatebreed live all at once outta my head. Mainly Wake up Hate - Korn and Down with the Sickness - Disturbed (that opening makes me tingle in ma Jibblets).

I've found myself stepping a little away from the metal side of things and getting into Serena-Maneesh, A Perfect Circle (13th step), At The DriveIn, The Pillows and the Chemical Brothers (New album Mid June XD ). Plus Isis... don't know what genre they sit in... must just be under Teh Sexy.

I personally discovered Serena-Maneesh by pure accident. They opened for NIN on the 9th and oddly found myself enjoying it (moreso than every1 else around me... not even bobbing da heads XC).
True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.

Offline timmy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2007, 01:31:43 PM »
Um... I'd have to say my favourite artists at the moment are Ataxia, Tom Yorke, John Frusciante's solo stuff, Radiohead, RHCP, Fugazi and more... I don't really have one favourite band or song EVER... but I like a lot of music, so hey... excuses, excuses.

And zam, agreed with:

i have a hard time believing someone is truly a music lover when they pigeonhole themselves from entire genres.

Offline zam

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2007, 01:22:39 AM »
And zam, agreed with:

i have a hard time believing someone is truly a music lover when they pigeonhole themselves from entire genres.

BAM!

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2007, 08:09:08 AM »
I have to agree; although I don't really pigeon-hole... There are maybe one or two rap artists that I enjoy; but then there's the annoying ones like Snoop Dogg that just get to me. Anyway back on the topic of what I'm listening to; at the moment I'm into a lot of old-school stuff...

- Play That Funky Music
- It's My Life
- Turning Japanese
- London Calling
- Eagle Rock
- Sweet Home Alabama (the live version rocks!!)
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Summer Of '69

Yeah; old-school is the best!!

Offline Pamz0r

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2007, 08:55:32 AM »
i dont mind Gwen Steffani  :)

Offline Coma1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2007, 09:18:38 AM »
I liked within temptation before evanescence even came onto the scene, and now their making it seem like within temptation are a new thing. what trash.
If you like that style theres also Lacuna Coil... its goodness wraped in female vocalist... and they been around for a while now (it just hurts me when i hear people calling Lacuna a carbon copy of Evanescence.. THEY WERE FIRST!!

I have been into Lacuna coil for about 7 years and I can say I am well and truly over them, there is just so many other female fronted "metal' bands that own the absolute f***ing jesus out of them. So now to prattle off a list of fem-fronted metal acts that kick their arse... Tristania, The Sins of Thy Beloved, Theatre of Tragedy, Sirenia, Epica, Trail of Tears, Beseech, Octavia Sperati, Madder Mortem, Collide, Orphanage, Satyrian, THERION, The Gathering, Bloodflowerz, Midnattsol, Leaves Eyes, Xandria, Mordiggan, Penumbra, Ataraxia, Lunatica, Summoner, DORO, To-Mera, Stream of Passion... can anyone tell im a female fronted metal band fan?

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2007, 11:04:03 AM »
I have been into Lacuna coil for about 7 years and I can say I am well and truly over them, there is just so many other female fronted "metal' bands that own the absolute f***ing jesus out of them. So now to prattle off a list of fem-fronted metal acts that kick their arse... Tristania, The Sins of Thy Beloved, Theatre of Tragedy, Sirenia, Epica, Trail of Tears, Beseech, Octavia Sperati, Madder Mortem, Collide, Orphanage, Satyrian, THERION, The Gathering, Bloodflowerz, Midnattsol, Leaves Eyes, Xandria, Mordiggan, Penumbra, Ataraxia, Lunatica, Summoner, DORO, To-Mera, Stream of Passion... can anyone tell im a female fronted metal band fan?
You couldn't possibly like Fem-fronted metal bands.... you pick dandelines by the old swimming hole, play scrabble with gram gram and practice Church Hyms in your spare time XD

jkjk

Never really got interested with that scene at all.... I was mainly put off by evanescence and Nightwish (don't get me wrong Nightwish are cool by that vocalist sining is like an ethereal needle constanly passing through my skull).
I did however scare myself when at random i decided to download the first band that came into my head that WASN'T metal... I found myself enjoying the Flaming Lips. Theres something  about that statement that just makes me want to cry myself to sleep but at the same time dance in a white suit... in a feild of Sunflowers.
True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.

Offline Coma1

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2007, 11:35:35 AM »
I have seen the Flaming Lips live, they were awesome... the white bunny at their Sydney show was Adam Spencer, awesomeness. And Nightwish are poo.

Offline LASERSPEWPEW

• That Damn Proddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2007, 05:52:18 PM »
bands... bands... bands...

Damageplan, Demon Hunter, Dream Theater, Evanescence (on occasion), Frenzal Rhomb, Ill Nino, In Flames, Joel Hoekstra, Karizma, Killswitch Engage, Kyuss, Liquid Tension Experiment, Living Sacrifice, Machine Head, Mudvayne, Monty Python songs, On the Virg, Pain of Salvation, A Perfect Circle (except Emotive, which sucks), Planet X, Porcupine Tree (it's so erotic when your make up runs...), Primus, Probot, Rage Against the Machine, Rob Zombie, Sepultura, Sevendust, Shadow Gallery, Slipknot (old stuff), Spiral Architect, Static X, Strung Out, Sunk Loto, Symphony X, The Butterfly Effect, The Mars Volta, The Tea Party, The Vandals, Threshold, Tool, Victor Wooten, Virgil Donati, Michael Kamen, Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Mozart, Dan Gibson, Tchaikovsky, Vivaldi - and many other random metal bands and classical composers.
There are two things I look for in a movie: tacos and explosions. If neither are in the film within 30 seconds, I do not watch it.

Offline Pamz0r

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2007, 07:05:04 PM »
Monty Python songs FTW!

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2007, 11:29:42 PM »
Very true. Especially The Penis Song... I freaked out someone who had never heard it the other day!
Of course in all honesty my favourite Monty Python song would be Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life, but yeah...
That's my contribution for today... Haven't listened to much; although my mate and I have just compiled a CD for in his car containing only songs about or referencing California... Quite a good CD, I might add!!