Author Topic: Watchmen  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
Watchmen
« on: July 23, 2008, 08:35:27 PM »
As mentioned by TheTex in The Dark Knight, 'Watchmen' has recently gotten its trailer released.

Having just finished the Alan Moore written graphic novel, I've got to say it's one of the greatest written superhero graphic novels I've read. Somehow Moore (famed for V for Vendetta, a graphic novel that I believe is better than it's fantastic screen countpart) continues to impress me more and more, despite the that that I'm not reading his work in their chronological order.

*Cough* Kind of off topic that. One thing that I'm extremely happy about is that very close resemblance that is has to the comic. The costumes almost look lifted straight from it (Rorschach being one of my favorite-designed comic characters, even if only his mask is truly distinctively), and some of the scenes are easy to place from the novel (others however completely miss any recognition). However, it was also one of the most literary able (See: Wordy) comics I've read, and without any true battle climax (as there's relatively few fight scenes in the entire comic, it comes as no huge surprise - I apologize to those who feel I've 'ruined' the comic for them), it'll be interesting to see just how they adapt it for this film. Another interesting departure from the original story, as in V for Vendetta, though still holding some of the greater morals and interests true?

I can only hope. Not being a fan of direct-direct adaption (hey, if I've read them comic, I can animate that in my mind), I only wish it it succeeds in being both entertaining AND at least somewhat faithful to its fantastic source material.
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline John

• View Profile
Re: Watchmen
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 11:47:33 PM »
Saw it again yesterday, and there was a kid no older than 10 in the queue with his mum.

She left with him just after the cleaver to the head scene.

TOO LATE. ENJOY EXPLAINING RAPE.

doh ho ho.

Offline Keaton

• Gamer @ Heart
    • View Profile
    • My CSU Webspace
Re: Watchmen
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 12:57:11 AM »
Saw it again yesterday, and there was a kid no older than 10 in the queue with his mum.

She left with him just after the cleaver to the head scene.

TOO LATE. ENJOY EXPLAINING RAPE.

doh ho ho.

That's why there's something Called RATINGS.

It's people like this mum that stop an R18+ rating on videogames, because if there was one, she would probably buy those games for her kid.
(-/\-)
   '''