Author Topic: Björk - Innocence Video  (Read 3704 times)

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
Björk - Innocence Video
« on: May 03, 2007, 08:49:09 PM »
Click here for the Competition information

Björk's upcoming album, Volta, will be released worldwide on the 7th May, 2007. The first single, Earth Intruders has already been released with an accompanying video that's pretty trippy and gobsmackingly tribal. It has been announced that the next single is to be Innocence, which is yet another collaboration between Björk and Timbaland (the first being Earth Intruders).

What is so special about this release? Björk and her production team are holding a competition open to all members of the public to make a music video for the single. If anyone's interested, click the link at the top of this page for the links to the required files.

I think this is definitely an opportunity of a lifetime, so if you have an idea, try it out!

Quote from: Bjork.com
What is this all about?

Innocence is to be made as video.
An idea is born. The idea is to make the video. The video to Innocence, a song of yet to be released Volta record. Who is to make the video? Another idea is born: It is to be you, my dear!

Björk has suggested that the video to Innocence of Volta is to be made by anyone who wants to. She has asked the Madwebcarpenters to help out in finding "you" to make the video. We said: Yes.

We will for conveniance sake call this a competition as it will be Björk who will choose the video and maker to work with.
The deal is thus, people can download creative tools and use them in the video making.

On this page you enter your email so that we can contact you.

The timeline is that the video needs to be ready at the beginning of August, when Björk will collaborate with the winner to completion of the video. The format submitted for viewing will have to be a reasonable sized Quicktime file.

The video needs though to be sent in the first week of July, so they can be viewed and chosen.Even though creative tools are provided, it is not an necessity to use them.
We just love the sculpture!!!

The Song will be available for pre-listen on myspace.com/bjork as of now.

Nothing left to do but to get to know Innocence properly!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 04:06:22 PM by UNGCO »
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
Re: Björk - Innocence Video [Competition]
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 09:09:19 PM »
Does it rule put group projects?
If it doesn't, a couple of CSU entries are bound to have a good chance looking at some of our second/third-years' work...

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
Re: Björk - Innocence Video [Competition]
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 09:10:44 PM »
Not sure about that actually, but I think group projects are viable. I mean it's really just the idea she wants, and productions generally involve teams. ;)
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
Re: [Competition] Björk - Innocence Video
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 09:28:37 PM »
Well, a CSU team would have a great chance and it's a pretty sweet opportunity, so I reckon a group project might be an idea if people have time?!

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 11:16:53 PM »
oooh bjork vid, I would love to work for anyone in a group for this, USE ME, rawr. Maybe I could coerce hages into letting it count for assignment work. But twee, bjork <3
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 11:30:20 PM »
Maybe I could coerce hages into letting it count for assignment work.

Ooh... I dunno, it IS a music video... ;D

I've got an idea, but it's exceptionally generic. Sort of carries through a few sections of the (especially the way her face comes in and out of the substance) which is what I want to do - link them together just like the videos from Vespertine and Medulla. But I dunno, this is going to be so time consuming.

Didn't manage to get the album when it leaked (didn't know), but I pre-ordered Volta today. Should be good according to reviews and general consensus.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 11:39:24 PM by UNGCO »

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 02:45:26 AM »
I would suggest creating some crazy style stop-motion animation (think Sledgehammer), but nobody here, including myself will have anywhere near enough time!!

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
Re: Björk - Innocence Video
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 04:08:10 PM »
The competition deadline was moved to an earlier date, but that didn't stop people from making some pretty freaking awesome clips. Here is a personal favourite of mine: . One hectic piece of work I must say... and it's animated!

To see other concepts, just search "Bjork Innocence" and you should get a load of videos.