Author Topic: Fallout 3 Refused Classification  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
Fallout 3 Refused Classification
« on: July 11, 2008, 07:33:49 PM »
Welp, dammit. Thanks to jolly censorship, which isn't always a bad thing, Fallout 3 was refused classification by the OFLC in Australia.

This is apparently due to a sense of dangerous combination of 'real world drugs with science fiction drugs', or similar reason.
I wouldn't have too much of a problem with this if I wasn't so crazy about getting this game, but, seriously? Drugs are the reason? From what I've heard, prostitution (perhaps it's purely science-fiction prostitution...) hasn't been removed from this game, and let's not forget the ultra violence.
It seems, in Australia, it's fine to have sex with the hooker, shoot the hooker, but not doing drugs.
Because doing drugs is UNAUSTRALIAN.

It wouldn't bother me that much if drugs are removed from the game, as I never used them, but it's just part of the Fallout world - a somewhat believable post-nuclear dystopia. Silly as it sounds, it feels like a realistic dimension of that is just taken away; but I suppose that's the OFLC's point.
Hate to bring it up, but 18+ classification anyone?
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
Re: Fallout 3 Refused Classification
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 07:35:04 PM »
Well, we're getting it.

Seems that a new version was resubmitted to the OFLC, and given the green light. I'm hoping the changes won't be too major (honestly, changes to the names/physical applications of drugs in the game don't bother me at all), but for now, I'm just happy that we're getting it (yay!).
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 09:51:36 AM »
Classification, smashification. I remember buying Duke Nukem 3D when I was like 6, with no visible classification. They didn't beat around the bush in that game either, you had steroids instead of adrenaline, and if you pressed spacebar on a hooker she took her top off for money. It was hot.

I think fallout 3 is awesome, by the by.

Offline PixelParadox

• The Animation Club Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 10:44:58 PM »
I had Duke Nukem 3D, and no prostitute took no top off for me! >:(
Until next time...

Offline Coma1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 09:32:41 AM »
fallout 3 has stolen my life... im an addict.