Author Topic: Flash  (Read 3075 times)

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
Flash
« on: May 03, 2007, 01:39:36 PM »
Before someone else picks up on it...YES, I AM A WHINGING POM!!
Nah, just thought I'd let you know that Flash won't load up on the large majority of the computers in the Studio?!

It gets to the splash screen where you select what you're going to do and then you choose whatever and it simply flashes and goes back to the splash?!

Hmmm... That's all...

Offline ~matt~

• Staff
  • by the hand of the animator
    • View Profile
Re: Flash
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 03:26:37 PM »
yeh its gay booooooo........... lol

Offline Ormannov

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 08:22:26 PM »
yeh its gay booooooo........... lol

gay....meaning bad?
This forum has all the charm and charisma of the Nuremberg Trials.

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 08:26:37 PM »
The April 23rd edition of TIME actually had an article on word use and the appropriateness of phrases and the like,  an example being "that is so gay". Pretty interesting read.
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 09:11:23 PM »
Yes, yes, gay is fascinating to read, truly.
But back onto the topic at hand, why isn't our Flash working? Does anyone have a reason behind this, or shall we forever be whingers?
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 11:10:42 PM »

gay....meaning bad?

Either that or his flash app is wearing designer jeans and has a taste for appletinies :D
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline ~matt~

• Staff
  • by the hand of the animator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 12:24:31 AM »
by gay i mean , im annoyed because now ill prolly be marked down because i dont have the programs needed to make my walkcycle an avi ......  :'( ive tried heapsa stuff , but my symbols dont move.

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 08:41:24 AM »
by gay i mean , im annoyed because now ill prolly be marked down because i dont have the programs needed to make my walkcycle an avi ......  :'( ive tried heapsa stuff , but my symbols dont move.

so if gay means all that....you are saying you're gay... ahem...
Hmm how are you exporting your flash animation? please don't say an avi straight out of flash ( yuck euw) and what are your symbols? movie clips, graphics or buttons?
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline Jeebuz

• Just Jeebuz.
    • View Profile
    • Seraquin @ Deviantart!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 01:13:33 PM »
Export as an image sequence from flash and recompile it as an AVI in a program of your choice. Usually I use After Effects or premiere, but lacking those Multimedia man tells me that you can import the image sequence into Virtual dub and export it as an AVI of your choice.

I am pretty sure, now that I think of it, that most Adobe products have a 30 day trial period. Dont confine yourself to flash! (good as it is) because After effects rocks!!! ;D
Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.

Unless its cool.

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 07:56:55 PM »
Export as an image sequence from flash and recompile it as an AVI in a program of your choice. Usually I use After Effects or premiere, but lacking those Multimedia man tells me that you can import the image sequence into Virtual dub and export it as an AVI of your choice.

I am pretty sure, now that I think of it, that most Adobe products have a 30 day trial period. Dont confine yourself to flash! (good as it is) because After effects rocks!!! ;D

I agree with Jeebuz, most definately export as a sequence every time. Its the best way to ensure the 'highest' image quality 4 ur animation. And im pretty sure u can use VDub, im not entirely sure on how u do it.. But if u use Premiere its very simple and straight forward.
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 08:09:48 PM »
Importing into VirtualDub is almost the same as importing into Premiere, but instead of creating a new document and then going to "Import>etc." you just open up the first frame of the sequence, making sure that "load linked frames" (or whatever) is checked. Then voila! A video is born.
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline Pamz0r

• Purple ToonBoom Wizard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 07:28:41 AM »
wow, i should have looked on here sooner!  8)
so, all i have to do is export it as an image sequence in flash (at home) and then go and use virtual dub or premier and reform the sequence again? athough, thats quite time consuming wouldnt it be?
man.. i thought it was much more complex than that.
:)

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 12:22:58 PM »
The sequence is inserted automatically in proper numbered order so it's not time consuming at all. You just have to make sure that the option of importing all subsequent frames (in the respective programs) is checked. I'd posted up convoluted instructions up somewhere in this forum before so I'll dredge it up if anyone's having trouble.