Author Topic: Windows 7 in 2009?  (Read 3453 times)

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
Windows 7 in 2009?
« on: April 06, 2008, 01:40:27 PM »
Welp, Microsoft aren't letting the five year gap of XP get them down with Vista, as Windows 7 is highly expected to come out next year.

I don't know if this is to be another NT or 2000 coming up, or something genuinely meant to replace Vista on the general user's interface, but I believe I may be sticking myself with XP for a while yet.
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline Luke

• "I think i can, I think i can, I know i can! .....
    • View Profile
    • MOB clan
Re: Windows 7 in 2009?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 01:57:33 PM »
lol

::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

I would rather they just go back to XP and optimize it betterer...  instead of more OS propaganda...   if windows 7 sucks  im switchin to mac...

post within 20 mins... YAY :D
If my work is s***. Then i MUST be told it's s***. And why it's s***. If not... what is the point of a 'Visual Effects Community?'

Offline Luke

• "I think i can, I think i can, I know i can! .....
    • View Profile
    • MOB clan
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 01:17:59 AM »
hmmm   check this out

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RU5NDuksv3Y

well   one thing is cool that if u have a touch screen ('cough' dane)   it seems that w7 is suporting  'multi-touch'   so u could have all 10 fingers as different mouse pointers,   that would be cool    like operating the computer like a piano      well  i supose a keyboard does that too,  but it would be cool

lol   and hages is telling us to NOT touch the screens lol    i think its funny :D
If my work is s***. Then i MUST be told it's s***. And why it's s***. If not... what is the point of a 'Visual Effects Community?'

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 11:19:42 PM »
lol   and hages is telling us to NOT touch the screens lol    i think its funny :D

That might have something to do with them being totally uninteractive... Or maybe he's hiding something from us! *shifty eyes*

Not sure what drawing pad Dane has, but I'm not sure if Wacom Cintiq drawing tablets are multitouch - I haven't heard anything about them being so...
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline DjDan

• www.danielmuller.com.au
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 08:31:04 PM »

That might have something to do with them being totally uninteractive... Or maybe he's hiding something from us! *shifty eyes*

Not sure what drawing pad Dane has, but I'm not sure if Wacom Cintiq drawing tablets are multitouch - I haven't heard anything about them being so...

Yeah multi touch is cool. I doubt the that the drawing tablet is multi touch by the way they work.. I have a bunch of touch screens (ex coles register ones) I use on jukeboxes and they are a pain sometimes! But they are only single touch because it gives an x and a y vale.. basically by having a resister strip on each access which gives a matrix effect to measure this and give a different voltage depending where you touch.

The only bad thing is that touch screens wear out.. as in any place that is a common touch area (windows button say) would always be getting pressed, and if they do get a point that gets stuck on they cant be repaired only replaced.
djdan is the man!
FCKGWRHQQ2YXRKT8TG6W2B7Q8

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 01:11:02 AM »
See, that brings back memories of working at Safeway (that's Woolworths to you northerners). I remember when a screen crashed as I was working on it... Small town people may be easy going by some standards, but by God they want out of the supermarket quick.

Incidentally, they were running XP (whenever they crashed, it would come up with a Windows XP 'You be Buggered!' to equivalent message box), so this may not really be all that new to Microsoft; but if (or when) it becomes standard it'll be interesting to see the adaption from now.

And now... this!