Author Topic: Testing Windows Server 2008 enterprise 64bit  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Luke

• "I think i can, I think i can, I know i can! .....
    • View Profile
    • MOB clan
Testing Windows Server 2008 enterprise 64bit
« on: July 02, 2008, 09:19:26 AM »
Just dled the trial for windows server 2008 and got it to install

it seems to be able to un for 60 days before locking you out

if u also want to try it, u can dl the .iso from microsoft, burn it  and try it.

It has some cool stuff     like being able to minirot the kb/ mbps that the Harddrive writes, and what programs/drive/whatever  the harddrive is writting too,   it also has vista's search thingy in the start up menue and also its cool task manager with monitorin stuff

looks cool :D
If my work is s***. Then i MUST be told it's s***. And why it's s***. If not... what is the point of a 'Visual Effects Community?'

Offline DjDan

• www.danielmuller.com.au
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Testing Windows Server 2008 enterprise 64bit
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 08:15:03 PM »
Just dled the trial for windows server 2008 and got it to install

it seems to be able to un for 60 days before locking you out

if u also want to try it, u can dl the .iso from microsoft, burn it  and try it.

It has some cool stuff     like being able to minirot the kb/ mbps that the Harddrive writes, and what programs/drive/whatever  the harddrive is writting too,   it also has vista's search thingy in the start up menue and also its cool task manager with monitorin stuff

looks cool :D

Yeah does look good thats for sure. Ive been fixing up our domain at home!! ahhh what a mess!! We've got a spastic konica minolta page pro 9100 with all the mods and cons like duplex.. extra paper drawers etc.. however its network card likes flipping between 2 ip addresses!!!! So far ive had to add both ip addresses as a printer port and have them que to one another.. which is fine if only one user is printing.. as soon as another user goes to print.. because there is a "job" going on on the working ip address.. the system puts the job to the other ip address (which of course the printer is not using that day), where the job will wait until the ip changes.. sooo annoying!!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 08:18:46 PM by DjDan »
djdan is the man!
FCKGWRHQQ2YXRKT8TG6W2B7Q8