Author Topic: NIN - The Slip  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
NIN - The Slip
« on: May 19, 2008, 07:02:50 PM »
Okay, okay, we've all heard that NIN's new album The Slip is happily free for sexy download (just a few months after Ghost, too). (If you didn't know this, then you probably don't read random music news sites or aren't a fan of NIN, which is fair enough.)
What hasn't quite broken through with the media is that it's pretty bloody good (at least by my musically starved ear).

Give it a download and tell us what you think!

Also, I think it's also getting the super Vinyl package too at some point.
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
Re: NIN - The Slip
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 01:23:31 PM »
I've waited a couple of weeks to reply to allow this new album to sink in a bit.

All I can keep thinking is SLOW DOWN TRENT!!

IMO - NIN has been in a slump for the past 5 years, ever since the amazing album The Fragile each NIN album has felt like he hasn't put in the same time and thought into each release. With teeth for me was.... well it was a terrible album, I found all the good tracks near the end of the album, the rest felt like mindless filler.
Year zero on the other hand was a step up from with teeth. It was a nice new approach to his music, but unike the Fragile there were still a few just plain terrible songs. In this twilight was absolutely amazing... made me enjoy the album.

But this last album the slip just doesn't stick. It SLIPS off my radar XD
I don't know, after spending 2 weeks listening to the ablum it feels as though theres a reason its free.

NIN just need to spend a good 2 years min on the next (if there will be) album, sit down and make it GOOD.

Either that or I've just set the bar too high after such an amazing set of albums ( Pretty Hate Machine, Downward Spiral, Broken and The Fragile)

well theres my 2 cents worth...
True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.

Offline Luke

• "I think i can, I think i can, I know i can! .....
    • View Profile
    • MOB clan
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 04:34:34 AM »
i realy do like this album    i think ill start the 'dl' of the 96k uber version,   just because i can   (and im at home leeching my parents net :D  )
If my work is s***. Then i MUST be told it's s***. And why it's s***. If not... what is the point of a 'Visual Effects Community?'

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 10:31:45 AM »
i realy do like this album    i think ill start the 'dl' of the 96k uber version,   just because i can   (and im at home leeching my parents net :D  )

I recommend this, i put it on my player along with the 320 version. I'm pretty happy with 320, i mean you can't go uncompressed all the time, but if you can afford it you get reimbursed via sweet acoustics.