Author Topic: Games Games Games  (Read 21665 times)

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
Re: Games Games Games
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2007, 12:22:50 PM »
oh I loved the original harvest moon, such pretty graphics, for such an old game. I do so love the eyecandy, thats why I like 2d games, like money island series, I mean the early 2 were pretty low rez, but still looked pretty swish, 3 was AWESOMELY beautiful, sadly I think it was ruined when they went 3d. Such...hideousness...
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2007, 12:47:15 PM »
The 3D nature of Monkey Island 4 wasn't too bad. But I was looking forward to pointing and clicking again which was sadly replaced my the more 'action-y' use-the-keyboard. I found an Australian website selling quite a few of the old puzzle adventure games like MI3 and (I think) Grim Fandango (yay!) for ten bucks each. I think I'll get them soon. Haven't checked but if they have Twinsen's Odyssey too, then woohoo!
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2007, 06:35:31 PM »
SNES was undoubtably one of the coolest consoles.

I was a sucker for the Zelda games on them, as well as Metroid...

I really think discovering consoles either

a) ruined my life

or

b) brought meaning to it

Im not really sure which tho.. Perhaps both
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 07:57:43 PM »
so guys what are some really really really impressive games that are coming out on pc?  i havnt properly played a game on pc in ages, but now i have a newer pc with better specs im thinking ill give it a go again

im after stuff that is really pushing the boundaries of what makes good games, both visually and gameplay wise.  if its any indicator of the sort of stuff im after, im hanging out for the new unreal tournament way too much!

doesnt really have to be unreleased stuff either, as i really have no idea whats been coming out for the past year or two, there may have been some really sweet stuff come out in that time...

=).... well

If your after shinny shooters to look forward to theres Bioshock and TimeShift(official trailer comes out friday 4th around 9amish), Both SHOULD be out already.... now we're lookig at the end of the year for both.
Theres also FEAR 2..... release date hasn't been annonced yet so its a long way off, and Crysis, again release TBA.
For something coming out shortly thers Cellfactor, coming out may 8. It's one of the few games released that utilizes the PhysX card... just watch a CellFactor trailer and you'll witness the sexy. Theres also Halo 2 for PC coming 17th of may, nothing really new just some extra Multi maps and slighlty shinnier graphics. The downside of it (if your an XP user) is that its Vista Exclusive.

Recently I havn't played any outstanding PC games... STALKER was a bit of a let down imo, all hype and some coolness.
Hope thats enough... I know theres more I've played recently but... memory loss ftl.
True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.

Offline D.

• View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 08:41:51 PM »
man Crysis is gonna b sweeeeet. For anyone who played FarCry on pc (complete fanatic over here :)) Crysis is a must.

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 02:06:58 AM »
Did anyone uses to play a DOS game called something like James Pond; I think it was something like that; Mario type platform game but you were this fish?! I'm gonna have to do some research into it; find out what the name actually was... Fun little game!

DOS games were the best!

:'(
I un-installed Doom 3 to prevent distractions (yes, I went to such extreme measures!!) and now I've realised the discs are at home (in Brisbane...) I'm gonna have to call home and get them sent out...

Offline Jabba_Wocky

• Decimation
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2007, 03:53:13 AM »
Indeed Crysis is looking mighty fine, can't wait to get my hands on that SDK toolset. I'm still keeping an eye out for GTA4, Hellgate: London, Warhammer Online.
Tread softly, and carry a big gun.

Offline JimWard

• Not Entirely Sane
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2007, 06:54:34 PM »
You know what? If I post just how many games I legitimately own in this thread, Hages will FAIL me in this entire course on principle alone!

;D

But let's just say that lately I've been playing the latest in the long line of venerable games called Command and Conquer - C&C3: Tiberium Wars - and thus far It's been awesome. A return to the roots to be sure.
Would-be photoshop demi-god, image manipulating holy-ness, and otherwise completely humble MM

Offline MultimediaMan

• Multimedia man: But seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2007, 07:01:37 PM »
Sam and max for win!
A look into the mind of Multimedia man! http://lex-ttd.blogspot.com/

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2007, 07:21:40 PM »
Total Annihilation FTW!!

been craving that for a good long while, finally foundses it amoung my DoW beta and Gunz online Disc... it makes TOTAL sense to be there...

and I dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing but I looked at my bookcase today... it has more Games and Dvds in it than books =S
I need me some culture.... or an alphabet.
True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.

Offline D.

• View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2007, 07:34:31 PM »
Sam and max for win!

Ah Sam and Max. One of the great Lucas Arts Classics from back in the day

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2007, 10:32:50 PM »
Okay, I am a HUGE Lucasarts Adventure game fanatic; especially Monkey Island, my favorite videogame series of all time. Anyone wants to talk about these, please, contact me immediately.

On another topic, I just got Final Fantasy III for the DS, obviously to prepare me for a weekend full of study...
Many Final Fantasy fans here? I can already tell you this is measuring up to be a great game, very retro feeling but still good looking.
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline Tara♫

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2007, 12:41:24 AM »
I'm a bit of a final fantasy fan.. although even tho i didn't mind x-2 i must admit its kinda killed the fan-girl in me... i'm just not a fan of the whole chapter thing and I've heard they've continued it in 12... they had such a good thing going why did they feel the need to "improve" it? my blame rests on enix.. if only squaresoft hadn't bothered with the first movie i bet they never would of started this whole chapters thing... >:(
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 12:43:49 AM by Tara♫ »
(\ /)
(. .)
c(")(")

"ビー・マイ・エスケイプ"

Offline MultimediaMan

• Multimedia man: But seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2007, 02:42:08 AM »
i liked the first movie... am i like the only one who did?.

in any case, never been to much of a final fantasy fan, found the whole thing so boring and lost track of the game... im a strategic/first person shooter player... nothing unwinds you better than sending wave after wave of loyal subjects at someone to destroy them or unloading the trusty 12 gauge into some ungodly beings guts.
A look into the mind of Multimedia man! http://lex-ttd.blogspot.com/

Offline Tara♫

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2007, 07:56:03 AM »
i liked the first movie... am i like the only one who did?.

i liked the movie... unfortunately it was the downfall of squaresoft as it just didn't make them enough money to warrant its making.. as far as first person I'm not really a fan i prefer to see my character, the only game I've really tolerated first person view was red steel... i just prefer to see my character and the type of games i like couldn't really have a first person view... well maybe res evil and silent hill... but it just wouldn't be the same
(\ /)
(. .)
c(")(")

"ビー・マイ・エスケイプ"