Author Topic: Two worlds!  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Jeebuz

• Just Jeebuz.
    • View Profile
    • Seraquin @ Deviantart!
Two worlds!
« on: May 28, 2007, 09:31:01 PM »
Now Ive been playing games for years, over a decade so far, probably like most of you, and in that time I've come to be bored easily by repeditive and predictable situations, stupid AI, pointless wasting of time etc.

I love multiplayer tho. I was also a big fan of Morrowind (but not Oblivion for some reason) Combine them both and you get:

TWO WORLDS!

(EDIT: No pun intended)

Morrow wind style gameplay with multiplayer? Tell me more!!!

(The following is taken from the TWO WORLDS website, http://www.2-worlds.com/ )

Solve online quests, fight 1-on-1 battles and host horse races

The most visible aspect of the Two Worlds gameplay is the freedom to change the world and shape the story within it. Other important features are unlimited character development and exciting, spectacular combat. The player is encouraged to experiment with the world, test the results of good and evil deeds and find the most satisfying way to deal with challenges. The gameplay has been designed to evoke the long-term outcomes that are important to the player and offer them the power to change their state. The rush of adrenaline accompanying frequent combat situations will ensure short-term, powerful motivation to continue the current session of play.

The game offers a unique opportunity to influence the game world - unseen, to this scale, in other Role Playing games. Freedom of choice (like freedom to join or betray various organizations) and the importance of every decision are the core mechanisms to evoke the sense of meaningful play.

Depending on the way that a problem is solved, the player gains or loses their reputation in certain organizations, various options are being closed or opened, quests are offered and new locations are unlocked. For example, a player must decide whether to help a city hold off the invasion of orcs or to secretly open the gates and let the invaders in. The latter decision will result in an onslaught and the take over of the city by the barbaric hordes. The next time the player visits this location, it will be populated and managed by orcs, unless the human army arrives and tries to liberate the city. The world lives its own life, but the player has the power to change it. The challenge lies in finding the right "strings" and skilfully "pulling" them

Sounds awesome! Ha! Procrastination ahoy (In two weeks time)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:32:56 PM by Jeebuz »
Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.

Unless its cool.

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
Re: Two worlds!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 09:33:14 PM »
Sounds awesome..

I was the opposite tho.. Not a fan of Morrowind, love Oblivion.
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline Jeebuz

• Just Jeebuz.
    • View Profile
    • Seraquin @ Deviantart!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 10:57:17 PM »
Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.

Unless its cool.

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 11:19:43 PM »
I always found some of Morrowind's (and Oblivion's) charm to be in its purely single player status... I don't think that the depth could really operate in multiplayer, could it? Still, could be nice to battle different characters and test abilities...

And yes, lack of LAN is often a broken-heart subject.
But wait, it says 'Up to 8 players in the multiplayer mode,' in the features section, so have I just majorly missed something? Confuzzled...
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 12:57:54 AM »
Did any of you play Dark Messiah?

It was (in as simple terms possible) the Linear version of Oblivion. First person, real time RPG. I personally enjoyed it just as much as oblivion. Oblivion however had a much better character customization setup and more classes to choose from.

But Dark Messiah had a Multiplayer element with different modes such as DM and MP quests... as far as i can remember. I think it was up to 16 players, the major problem with the multiplayer is not too many other people enjoyed it.

The big seller for me with Dark Messiah was the close combat, i couldn't get enough of it (mainly kicking people over and stabbing... LOTS OF STABBING).

.... Still makes me wanna see Two worlds in action
True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 11:05:42 PM »
Yeah, I played the Dark Messiah demo that came with PCPP... Is it just me, or did they put those spikey walls EVERYWHERE?
But I definitely would've liked to give it a go in multiplayer, though I believe I'd enjoy Oblivion more, if I ever get my hands on a copy of DMoM&M...
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 11:26:16 PM »
yeah the spikeys were everywhere... more places to IMPALE people =D they gave me hours of late night fun/stress relief.

True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.