Author Topic: PLAY! A Video Game Symphony  (Read 3352 times)

Offline damian

• View Profile
PLAY! A Video Game Symphony
« on: May 22, 2007, 01:41:36 PM »
http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/sections/whats_on/features/play/index.asp

This looks awesome!!!

I have been to Bugs Bunny on Broadway (Sydney Symphony Orchestra) ... and if this was anything to go by... this will be even better!!!

It is on during first week of exams though...

Prices are as such: Premium $120, A Reserve $80, B Reserve $65, C Reserve $50 - if you go on either Tuesday or Wednesday  you will get a $15 discount.

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
Re: PLAY! A Video Game Symphony
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 02:17:59 PM »
A friend of mine who lives in Sydney has been trying to convince me to go, and if it weren't for the traveling and ticket costs, I would already have booked it. It looks incredibly entertaining; Legend of Zelda in orchestra sounds awesome (in more ways than one), but the Kirby theme? Now that's good quality entertainment!
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 04:38:49 PM »
Always want to go to these things but the dates always clash with moments of bankruptcy! I know it's not the same thing, but friends of mine have gone to the Eminence concerts held in Town Hall (I think) and said the experience was just amazing. Orchestrated game music is always a good thing.
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 01:36:16 PM »
I saw an advert for this in an xbox magazine, and was instantly inspired... I'd probably be more interested if anyone else was going to go????

I mean how can you pass up an opportunity to have an orchestra play the mario theme, or halo songs (which are all awesome)...or of course Zelda..

So is anyone actually considering going?
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline Keaton

• Gamer @ Heart
    • View Profile
    • My CSU Webspace
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 05:38:28 PM »
I WAS, but as steve said. These things always come at moments of bankrupsy.
I tend to spend when i have the money, but atm i'm empty.
I never get into contracts where you pay every month etc, or i HATE owing money.
So it's safe for me to have no money.
But i really should save up so that i'm ready when things like this pop up.
(-/\-)
   '''

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 01:27:01 AM »
I'm totaly up for it if theres more intersest for it.... and if my bank accout permitts it.

I just CAN'T turn down "one winged angel"... i just can't. I think the only thing that could improve it is if the play songs from Shadow of the Colossus, sooooo good. The WoW songs my induce some sort of relapse or withdrawral symptoms =S
True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 01:32:12 PM »
I went last Wednesday and must say that it was amazing!

It started off a little ludicrous, leaving me sitting there going 'i came to sydney, and to the opera house just to hear a symphony play the mario theme :P'.

But none the less it was definately an experience id love to have the chance to repeat. Highlights would include Halo, WOW, Oblivion and most definately Zelda. And of course the last song they played "as an encore" (fairly sure they couldnt hav gotten away with not playing it) was One Winged Angel... which was just....awesome.
Mental High Five!! *wtch*