Author Topic: Games Games Games  (Read 22129 times)

Offline Tabaris

• Magma solves everything
    • View Profile
    • Tabaris on DeviantArt
Re: Games Games Games
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 01:01:59 PM »
let's see my favorite games shall we?
Oblivion (360)
Halo2 (360)
Dead Or Alive 4 (360)
Civilization 3 (PC)
Never Winter Nights 1 (PC)
Bouldurs Gate 2 (PC)
System Shock 2 (PC)
Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Final Fantasy X2 (PS2)
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (PS2)
yeah some oldie's in there huh... And I just can't wait for BioShock and Halo 3.
Urist McForeman: Magma solves every thing.
Urist McSmartyPants: Even the fact that the mayor has gone Psychotic because he is on fire?
Urist McForeman: Sure we just need more magma.

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2007, 01:14:58 PM »
Am I the only old-school gamer here?!
I have a SNES with me here at University (gotta love eBay!)!!
Amongst my old-school games though are...
- Sid Meier's Colonization (DOS, turn-based)
- Super Metroid (SNES)

And new-school; I'm a text-based gamer... No third-person shooters for me!
I'd much rather play NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 or Football Manager 2007!!

Offline cheeseninja2002

• Got a problem? Point a gun at it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2007, 01:15:20 PM »

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - Wii

Dear GOD it is sweeeeeeet, If you played any of the others think of it as the good bits from Tenkaichi 1 (very few) mixed with Budokai 2 and a Wii-mote so you can BBBWWWWAAAAA and presto... thats it.

And it hurts me to know that GTA 4 has not been anounced for the PC yet, so its either never comming to PC or we'll see it about 8 months after... once they've released an expansion or 2.

yeah some oldie's in there huh... And I just can't wait for BioShock and Halo 3.

It hurt me to find out that Bioshock got pushed back till the end of the year (PC) along with Halo 3 and Timeshift.

and I've found myself playing some oldies the last week or so:

Resident Evil 3 (pc version)
Kirbys Adventures
BF 2142
Civilization 1 (can never get enough of it)
Super International Cricket (Best sporting game PERIOD)
Doom 3
Stair Dismount
Shadow of the horned rat (Yes I still have a machine running '98')
UT GOTY
DBZ B T 2 (Wii finally have a multiplayer game thats good)
and finally.... Risk 2!! (who needs a board and other people when you've got npcs)

Gah, I just can't wait for them to release Golden eye on the Wii.
True happiness is the realization of its presence, not its absence.

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 07:25:41 PM »
Ha ha! All those Games  :o
I'm still playing Twilight Princess. Gone are the days when i can have all nighters, just to finish a game.
The only all nighters i'm pulling are doing work.

The issue i wanna raise is, do any of you have heaps of games that you have hardly touched but just don't get the time to? It's sort of a permanent situation for me.

yeh man. like theres games there that i played when i first got them but havent touched them since i got first played them..

so yeh. its kinda permanent 4 me 2.. then i go to play them, but it kinda ends up bein.. nahhh, another time  :P
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline cheeseninja2002

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 12:59:30 AM »
Ha ha! All those Games  :o
I'm still playing Twilight Princess. Gone are the days when i can have all nighters, just to finish a game.
The only all nighters i'm pulling are doing work.

The issue i wanna raise is, do any of you have heaps of games that you have hardly touched but just don't get the time to? It's sort of a permanent situation for me.

yeh man. like theres games there that i played when i first got them but havent touched them since i got first played them..

so yeh. its kinda permanent 4 me 2.. then i go to play them, but it kinda ends up bein.. nahhh, another time  :P
I feel for ya brotha

50% of the games I own are incomplete, its a mix of everything tho, no time, I'll play it online and I'm fixed or once i get halfway through a game somthing else cool comes out that i just gotta have!!

I still need to complete the main quest in Oblivion, need to finish single playa stalker, hit 70 in WoW (prob wont tho, it makes me shiver everytime i play it), DoW and Winter assault single player (finished dark crusade at least)... then comes  the consoles. I need 3 weeks of nothing so i can just waste it on finishing them (and they're all soo cool)

Offline zam

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 01:22:20 AM »

yep totally ive been collecting ps1/2 rpgs for years now, barely get a chance to play any.  infact i havnt even seen half of them because they are ntsc and i never got my ps2 chipped!  but i just keep buying em! CRAZY STUFF!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 01:24:23 AM by zam »

Offline Keaton

• Gamer @ Heart
    • View Profile
    • My CSU Webspace
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 09:51:52 AM »
Well somtimes i think collecting the games have become more a part of my hobby than actually playing them.
And reading about games online, i do that WAY more than play them.
For some reason i find the gaming industry interesting to follow. More so than playing. Maybe it's because it's real?
(-/\-)
   '''

Offline damian

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 05:06:35 PM »
If you want some real game nostalgia read about the good old games on the Amiga, the C64 and dare I mention it the Atari 2600!
The Amiga, renowned for its awesome graphics.. stereo sound could pack some of the best all time games including cinematics onto a 3.5" disk!

Check out these classics from Cinemaware.
http://www.cinemaware.com/vault.asp?vault=games

I also constantly reminisce over the old Nintendo games... Donkey Kong, Mine sweeper... ahhhh they were the days! ;D

Offline damian

• View Profile

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2007, 05:20:07 PM »
That article/blogger has got it absolutely right though; Mac had their chance and constantly prefer to cater for the relative 'minority' group that makes graphics/wants to be different.
Ah well...

So tempted to pull out my SNES right now; could do with playing Mario; but that'd be procrastinating.
Bad Ryan. <slaps self. LOL.>

Offline zam

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2007, 02:17:29 AM »
bhahahaha good old snes!  bought my gf a mint condition one + mario all-stars for her bday (hey shes a massive fan) from ebay too.  bloody mario game cartridge keeps reseting the save games every now and then, like when we get to the last world......  not impressed!

wanna get a nes for myself off ebay...  DUCK HUNT BABY!!!!  TOO GOOD!

Offline cheeseninja2002

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2007, 02:46:43 AM »
If you want some real game nostalgia read about the good old games on the Amiga, the C64 and dare I mention it the Atari 2600!
The Amiga, renowned for its awesome graphics.. stereo sound could pack some of the best all time games including cinematics onto a 3.5" disk!

I never owned a com64 (too young) but still played the emulator, I just can't get over the awesomness of "The shadow of the beast". It just amazes me PERIOD
Was it the first game with parralrex scrolling or was itone of the first?... i heard on of the two somewhere, either way this game (series) exploits everything a scroller has to offer IMO.

Still nothing can beat Kirby... the simplest character... the simplest story.. the AWESOMNESS gameplay. They need a Kirby on the Wii (along with their belated Metriod and Mario games), For me that game alone would sell the system to me (apart from the fact i alred have 1... and DBZ BT 2 can out early).

GAH! ATM its Tomb Raider 10th an or bust.. I just have a crave for a new Tomb Raider

p.s. I'm quite drunk so dont hold me accountable for what I say.... PEWNI PEWNI POWEMI ROCKS!!!

Offline zam

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2007, 05:16:23 AM »
so guys what are some really really really impressive games that are coming out on pc?  i havnt properly played a game on pc in ages, but now i have a newer pc with better specs im thinking ill give it a go again

im after stuff that is really pushing the boundaries of what makes good games, both visually and gameplay wise.  if its any indicator of the sort of stuff im after, im hanging out for the new unreal tournament way too much!

doesnt really have to be unreleased stuff either, as i really have no idea whats been coming out for the past year or two, there may have been some really sweet stuff come out in that time...

Offline Keaton

• Gamer @ Heart
    • View Profile
    • My CSU Webspace
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2007, 10:57:35 AM »

Check out these classics from Cinemaware.
http://www.cinemaware.com/vault.asp?vault=games

I also constantly reminisce over the old Nintendo games... Donkey Kong, Mine sweeper... ahhhh they were the days! ;D

YEP, for some reason games don't give me the same feeling as old snes games like Donkey Kong country and Harvest Moon did.
Not even the Wii and it's new control scheme changed how i feel. Maybe i'm just 'getting old'. So glad for virtual console on Wii (that's when they actually release the games i want)
(-/\-)
   '''

Offline Tabaris

• Magma solves everything
    • View Profile
    • Tabaris on DeviantArt
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2007, 11:40:08 AM »
Nostalgia gaming well i have absolute dinosaur for you.
its Nethack its totally free. its one of the first games to be put on the internet. its really complex (You can get stoned and beat people to death with a corpse.)
Look it up for serious old school gaming.
Urist McForeman: Magma solves every thing.
Urist McSmartyPants: Even the fact that the mayor has gone Psychotic because he is on fire?
Urist McForeman: Sure we just need more magma.