Author Topic: Blend Shapes  (Read 1280 times)

Offline rowan

• View Profile
Blend Shapes
« on: May 25, 2010, 05:54:07 PM »
I didn't actually have any blend shapes on Sweetums because I knew they are twitchy and easy to screw up. I can't get away with that this time because of the lip sync, and sure enough the blend shapes are proving to be a pain. Only one of them is working properly, the rest fly around the scene, not necessarily to the position of the original shape, but about half way. I did not freeze the transformations on them or delete the history, what else could make them go dodgy? Is there any way I can fix them?

<3 Rowan
Animation? That's pretty much just done by Bridget nowadays... Bridget is ok I guess!!!! <3 <3 <3

Offline ~matt~

• Staff
  • by the hand of the animator
    • View Profile
Re: Blend Shapes
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 06:01:15 PM »
you must have the correct workflow in every way when doing blend shapes !!  but if its too late to re do everything , maybe try bone rigged facials ? they will always work , quickly too !!

Offline rowan

• View Profile
Re: Blend Shapes
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 08:17:08 PM »
Yeah, I got confused following instructions in this book Stop Staring. It's a good instruction but he doesn't mention something hugely important, that pretty much means the translate chanels remain locked (because its bound), even though you can move the head around (because you move the bound joint not the geo), the chanel value doesn't change, thus the blend shape source will not understand the correct units it is from its target, leaving it to move around. Solution? I'm just going to redo everything without his mad trick. Hehe, blend shapes are evil  *shoots self* >:(. I suppose I'm learning...

<3 Rowan
Animation? That's pretty much just done by Bridget nowadays... Bridget is ok I guess!!!! <3 <3 <3