Poll

COFFEE!!

Fridge?
Coffee Machine??

Author Topic: Coffee Machine?!  (Read 28846 times)

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
Re: Coffee Machine?!
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2007, 06:19:54 PM »
wow if we had nothing in the labs it'd start a whole new evolution of minimalism in multimedia art...
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2007, 06:23:42 PM »
I'd rather a sense of minimalism than overblown aesthetics. ;D

Anyway, like I said, there isn't any pressing need for any food related equipment in the labs. Arguments otherwise are relatively void.
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline DjDan

• www.danielmuller.com.au
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2007, 05:36:52 PM »
I don't drink coffee (I'm quite possibly the epitome, at least in CSU, of the anti-multimedia student), but I'll be willing to contribute $5 for the greater good.

LOL I second that!
djdan is the man!
FCKGWRHQQ2YXRKT8TG6W2B7Q8

Offline sue

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2007, 12:09:05 PM »
i finally found this thread!  forgive me - as everyone knows, i've  been a bit preoccupied...
as djdan says, the multimedia club  has a dark blue cupboard (with a combination padlock) in the "quickbyte" at the jack cross centre.  this is for members to keep their mugs, coffee, cocoa, cup-a-soup etc supplies in.  i organised it a few years ago.   mm club members can get the combination of the lock from me.  there is also a kettle, a fridge, and a microwave in the room (as well as the softdrink and chips&lollies vending machines).  generally people do not interfere with stuff you put in the fridge.  i usually go to the jcc for coffee whatever time of day because it's too expensive at the nosh pit.   there is no sink (i tried to get one installed but this idea was just too hard for the bureaucracy to cope with), but there is a water fountain in the hallway where you can get water for the kettle and a garden tap not far from the jcc front door where you can wash your cup.
there was a coffee/hot chocolate vending machine in the quickbyte (a private venture) - i met the guy who owned it.  it has been removed, i suspect because of not enough sales.  it used coffee beans and ground them for each cup, but the time i tried it the result was quite disappointing.  hot chocolate lovers seemed happier, but anyway, it's gone now.
of course the problem with going up to the jcc for refreshments after hours is getting back into the mm studio.
clearly we are NOT permitted to have drinks in the computer lab.  i have been quietly campaigning for a students' common room in the art block for a few years.  when they were doing the renovations last  year i mentioned it to both the head of school and the facilities manager, but was told that space was at a premium.  i do feel that if we could have a place to put a small fridge, kettle and cupboard, preferably with access to a sink, i wouldn't mind drinking my coffee out in the hallway.  (before my fire i had a small fridge i would happily have donated, but sadly it is no more - i would be happy to contribute to buying a fridge, but i'm sure we could get a secondhand one for a lot less than $250).
perhaps when uni resumes we should have a petition for a bit of space.

Offline MultimediaMan

• Multimedia man: But seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2007, 04:42:06 PM »
i put a whole case of pepsi max in the fridge one time during one of my 96 hour stints at the MM lab... unforuntaly it was gone the next week, i think people helped themselvs :(
A look into the mind of Multimedia man! http://lex-ttd.blogspot.com/

Offline Pamz0r

• Purple ToonBoom Wizard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2007, 11:44:27 AM »
i would be happy to contribute to buying a fridge, but i'm sure we could get a secondhand one for a lot less than $250

I'm not trying to rip anyone off  :-[... its just that i paid heaps for my bar fridge in an emergency situation and i now kinda need that money back, im not forcing anyone to pay for it...I only used it for like a week and a bit, so its basically brand new.... i just need to get rid of it as i only have a tiny one bedroom flat. It barely fits Beaux and I in it...

I'll perhaps try to sell my fridge elsewhere if we're not interested... the marketplace noticeboard i think would be a good spot.

Extra space is a good idea tho  ;D
:)

Offline sue

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2007, 04:21:04 PM »
hey i didn't say you wanted to rip us off!  it's up to you how much you paid for your fridge and how much you want to sell it for.  i know we couldn't get an as-new one very cheap, but perhaps we don't need one in such perfect condition, just functional.  (i've never had, or wanted, a new fridge in my entire life.)
multimediaman i suspect you should have labelled your slab of pepsi - i saw it there and thought it was probably up for grabs - sometimes that sort of thing has happened in the past. (i didn't help myself coz i don't like cola drinks.)  but maybe it's a being a bit of a fridge hog to put it all in at once - you could have put a few cans at a time in the fridge and kept the rest in the locked multimedia club cupboard.

Offline DjDan

• www.danielmuller.com.au
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2007, 11:55:59 PM »
multimediaman i suspect you should have labelled your slab of pepsi - i saw it there and thought it was probably up for grabs - sometimes that sort of thing has happened in the past. (i didn't help myself coz i don't like cola drinks.)  but maybe it's a being a bit of a fridge hog to put it all in at once - you could have put a few cans at a time in the fridge and kept the rest in the locked multimedia club cupboard.
I agree with Sue there! I am glad someone is down to earth here..
djdan is the man!
FCKGWRHQQ2YXRKT8TG6W2B7Q8