Author Topic: Dust motes  (Read 4295 times)

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
Dust motes
« on: April 26, 2007, 03:19:54 AM »
OK I've searched like a biotch over the internet yet still this one SIMPLE seeming lil trick is lost to me. I want to know how to create dust specs and motes in lighting effects. Such effects as the dust swirling in a single beam of sunlight from an old window. But I am at a loss as to how to do this, all my lil tests and trials have given me somewhat of a result but nothing that looks good, or is close enough to being what I want.

I am curious, does anyone else have any idea how you'd go about making dust motes?
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline Ormannov

• View Profile
This forum has all the charm and charisma of the Nuremberg Trials.

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
Re: Dust motes
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 11:30:38 PM »
They are both ones that I have looked at before, but thanks for the links anyways. I know how to make light fog, and even to have the whole lil dinky depth things where objects block the lights. Just...ugh its crushing me...maybe if I can show you what I'm thinking...humm...time to go through some demo reels...

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 11:50:13 PM »
Righto here we go, This is part of a demo reel from Marek Denko, moving stills its lowered quality but you can still see what I mean with dust motes. http://athene.riv.csu.edu.au/~jgalvi06/Marek_Denko_Moving_stills_demoreel_2006_mpeg1video.mpg.
 ITs pretty funky I must say, but ANYWAYS. This is kinda what I want to know how to do...and why is it only just NOW occuring to me to actually try and e-mail the guy and ask him since he obviously knows HOW?!.... HO...MY...GOD...
IM going to go beat my head against the brick wall of my own stupidity... gah... e-mail found and written to.
I'll post any information if he gives any...sigh

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 12:03:51 AM »
Holy Speedy reply batman.
OKies. short but sweet...and I feel like such a complete tool.

I used particles and little bit of wind turbulence. thats all :)
Marek
"

In my defence I can't really render particles on my laptop *blush*