Author Topic: Welcome Back People & Welcome 1st Years!  (Read 2715 times)

Offline Pamz0r

• Purple ToonBoom Wizard!
    • View Profile
Welcome Back People & Welcome 1st Years!
« on: February 23, 2009, 02:13:44 PM »
 ;D Hello All!

This topic is basically to express my rather annoying enthusiasim for this new year! I feel much like a cheery person in the morning... yuck..

As has become tradition over the past couple of years, we all introduce ourselves to the first years nerd style (meaning, on the forum) and then they tell us who they are and where they're from, its all a bunch of fun  ;D

So, I shall go first...

I am Pam also known as "Spam" (im a forum junky! for proof, check my post count).
I'm a 3rd year animation & vfx student! I'm from Dubbo originally but am living off campus in Wagga....
I just turned 21, and no longer have P plates! I'm short and annoying and somewhat antisocial. I like driving, maccas and Anime and would some day love to marry Vegeta  8) (Dragon Ball Z for those who don't know). I talk lots on the forum but am usually pretty quiet in person until you get to know me, or you catch me on a good day! You will most likely see me around, short purple haired nerd *thats me* I basically live in the labs, it really is quite sad  :-\

This course is awesome, and you guys are in for a lot of fun! (a lot of work, but a lot of fun!)

Please don't be intimidated by us, if you need help don't hesitate to ask one of us! We're really quite nice when it's not assessment week  ;D

One last spasm of excitement:
[spasm] zomg!! animation festival is getting closer!! AND I'm a 3rd year! HOW did that happen!!! [/spasm]
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 02:22:46 PM by Pamz0r »
:)

Offline Tia

• View Profile
Re: Welcome Back People & Welcome 1st Years!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 02:33:10 PM »
Hey guys :)

You met me on Wednesday of O-week.

Im Tia, Im a 3rd year as well, Im 22 and apparently thats old. I came from Armidale originally.
I like long walks on the beach and catching the 5 o'clock wave... Very into gelati and am not so much of a nerdling as Spam.

Come say hi to me, i dont bite hard. I will be around all week still to make sure you get where you need to go.
Have fun, start early and smile, your at univeristy and its a blast.

Every Master was first an amateur.

Offline K8

• YEAHHHHHHH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 07:08:51 PM »
Hey guys I'll also get a word in here  ;D

Hi there first years who stumble across this. I'm Kate the nerdy 2D second year who I guess you'll see soon enough. :) I'm also an anime geek with that kinda style and I'm living on campus again in Stewards (with the big hill in between me and my 2D goodness ;D) I don't know how you'd perceive me but I can be both quiet and loud quite often. Anyways I'm looking forward to seeing all of you and also to everyone else who I haven't seen for ages!  ;D ;D ;D
'You are awfully cute, but unfortunately you are made of meat!'

Offline PixelParadox

• The Animation Club Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 09:52:24 PM »
Good evening first years, or as i would like to put it, Arty Jaffys. While this subject is a fun and worthwhile subject, I will tell you guys, pretty much like the co-ordinators and other students did, that this will not be an easy subject. Things will go wrong, time management will be crucial, and you may end up losing sleep worrying about a lot of things. But those bad points become moot when you get into it and discover what you can do while at the same time have fun, and nothings more satisfying than seeing your work done and being screened, thinking "I made that animation... this is what i have accomplished." So to make your first year in University enjoyable, here is some advice...

1: Have an idea ready, then work on it;

2: Plan your work time and stick to it;

3: Get plenty of sleep and eat healthily - do not live on Redbull and coffee please;

4: Ask for help from Hages or one of us students if needed;

and finally,

5: Make sure to unwind and relax, such as go to parties the uni holds every wednesday or just bum around and do nothing;

Some of these points i learned myself, but thankfully i learned from others too, having been spared from the suffering.

Now to introduce myself, my name is Ben Silburn, I just turned 19 and in my second year of uni. I am identifiable with a big nose and a 5' o-clock shadow (which may disappear from time to time). I'm just a quiet, laid back person and a nerd at heart. If there is anything that you need help with, just look for me in the labs or around the nosh pit. Cyas later.

P.S. "Arty Jaffy" is a term i made up. It consists of the term art student and the abbreviation of Just Another F@%&ing First Year - J.A.F.F.Y.
Until next time...

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 10:07:18 PM »
I'm Alex Mason, though I'm happy to be called Atcote, third year Animation and Visual Effects student. My passions include particles, fluids (the 3D sort), narrative exploration (or, you know, story telling) and wearing dull clothing. I'm from Victoria, where we've just been through the biggest bushfires we've ever had - let's just say I have a different perspective on creating fire in Maya from now on. I'm into just about everything animation related, with particular love to the Disney of old (this includes the '90s films). Like many others, I owe my initial passion for animation to anime, and I'm barely ashamed of it at all :P.

Let's all have a great 2009!
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline Eddynator

• persistence is the key
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 10:37:10 AM »
Hi Guy's I'm Edwin Masige , mostly known as Ed or Eddy but you can call me Eddynator if you want, it'll boost my self esteem :). I'm a second year animation VFX student. Tall, very dark and handsome 8), mostly quiet and unverbose but very hard worker.

I'm mostly big on 2d animation because I've been doing nothing but drawing stuff on everything for years now, I'm also a big fan of early Diney classics as opposed to their latest CG fests, as well as anime . I didn't know what animation was really until stumbling into the course , I'm glad i did , hope you guys are too.

There'll be Hard work ,ups and downs.....lots of downs but its all about the great experience you gain in the end so just have fun and relax when you need too. If u need tips just holla!!!
Being bitten by a love bug and a smote bug at the same time is worse than instant death in a can

Libby

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 11:56:16 AM »
Hi,
My name is Libby and I'm a forum addict.
It has been 12 days since my last post... I haven't had the internet :'(
I do believe I have introduced myself to everybody a number of times, but incase you missed it, I am the course's only 1.5th year student.
I started at CSU doing primary ed then crossed over half way through last year and haven't looked back.
My passion is rigging. Its freaking awesome. I might like 2d too, but like many of you haven't done a whole lot yet.
I love rigging.
I also like helping people, cause the more I help the more I can procrastinate ::) So if your struggling with anything animation or otherwise give me a bell, i'll be more than happy to help.