Author Topic: CGI fur in film  (Read 2751 times)

Offline Hages

• Administrator
    • View Profile
CGI fur in film
« on: July 29, 2008, 06:48:33 PM »
Normally I wouldn’t translate facts such as this into the classroom but only in today’s lecture did I mention how mesmerising hair and fur can be. Well forget furry animals, in an increasingly stupendous display in how to waste post production resources, it’s now being used to furnish Sienna Miller’s privates. ::)

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
Re: CGI fur in film
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 10:47:30 PM »
It's things like this that makes me feel that with each step forward we take technically, we take two steps back practically...
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline Hages

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 11:48:34 PM »
Coincidence or prophecy? We paid tribute to the legendary graphics of the 1982 movie Tron in today’s VFX105 lecture. 26 years later and on this day Comic Con 08 reveals to an awestruck audience the Tron 2.0 trailer starring Jeff Bridges! What other predictions did I make today? ;D

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 04:31:28 PM »
Want tiny, bootleg, poorly recorded and questionably legal footage of Tron 2?
Well, here ya go!

As you can see, the Light Cycles now have soft curving to them - I'm not sure if it takes away from the whole very static video game/computer feel, but this does look like a film to keep an eye out for.
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!