Author Topic: Hello?.. anybody here?..  (Read 3775 times)

Offline Tabaris

• Magma solves everything
    • View Profile
    • Tabaris on DeviantArt
Hello?.. anybody here?..
« on: May 03, 2007, 12:36:52 PM »
just wondering if there are other mac users on here.
Urist McForeman: Magma solves every thing.
Urist McSmartyPants: Even the fact that the mayor has gone Psychotic because he is on fire?
Urist McForeman: Sure we just need more magma.

Offline damian

• View Profile
Re: Hello?.. anybody here?..
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 04:19:08 PM »
Yep. Have been on Apple's since the Apple IIe.

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 02:27:04 AM »
Seems like a rather lonely place...
Kinda strange, seeing as throughout high-school I had this perception that all art grads/students used Macs!
Damn TV/the media and it's false messages!! :D

Offline MultimediaMan

• Multimedia man: But seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 05:18:14 PM »
well, we here oft need grunt that up till now, macs didn't have... i think we may be seeing a resurfacing of mac in the 3d world even more so now that they are able to use pc components... (im only guessing here).
A look into the mind of Multimedia man! http://lex-ttd.blogspot.com/

Offline Coma1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 11:33:33 AM »
although i own 2 pc's and no macs... i really wish i owned a mac... a little 12' macbook would be swell...

Offline Keaton

• Gamer @ Heart
    • View Profile
    • My CSU Webspace
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 05:34:29 PM »
My girlfriend has a macbook with a cd stuck in it. It's happened before but i got it out.
Apparently macs are so stupid they have to read the disc before ejecting. But if the disc is heavily scratched, the mac will be stuck in an infinite loop and never eject. What a piece of a** S***.
I can't get this one out, even the 'hold the mouse button while it starts up trick' doesn't work.

Also iTunes has a mind of its own and will only start up when it wants to.

This mac book was bought 1 month ago. It is such a pain. I wanted a mac for her because it would be "easier" so sais all the advertising. What a load of crap.

There is my 2cents

PC FTW
(-/\-)
   '''

Offline DjDan

• www.danielmuller.com.au
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 01:20:37 AM »
I'm in the middle. I have a mac min (which is a ultra-minature desktop), that has windows/mac dual boot. LOL!

I have both windows/linux and mac computers. Macs handles their ram much much better and can be run just about infinitive without re-starts. Linux isnt too bad, but windows needs 24-48 hour restarts. I know this and theres no question, as I have been streaming music off the 3 platforms for my internet radio station to see which handles better.

That being said, I would probably use Linux on a pc because it is the cheapest way to set up a server computer for all the usewrs to connect, then another to handle stream encoding, then another to run playlists and vox pops!!! I cant afford more macs and the computers I would be using dont have to be the lattests and greatest.
djdan is the man!
FCKGWRHQQ2YXRKT8TG6W2B7Q8

Offline damian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 08:55:00 AM »
My girlfriend has a macbook with a cd stuck in it. It's happened before but i got it out.
Apparently macs are so stupid they have to read the disc before ejecting. But if the disc is heavily scratched, the mac will be stuck in an infinite loop and never eject. What a piece of a** S***.
I can't get this one out, even the 'hold the mouse button while it starts up trick' doesn't work.

Also iTunes has a mind of its own and will only start up when it wants to.

This mac book was bought 1 month ago. It is such a pain. I wanted a mac for her because it would be "easier" so sais all the advertising. What a load of crap.

There is my 2cents

PC FTW

If you hold the "eject button" or F12 (when there is no eject button) on startup your disk will be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Offline Keaton

• Gamer @ Heart
    • View Profile
    • My CSU Webspace
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 11:20:56 AM »
Thanks for the advice i'll try that.
(-/\-)
   '''