Author Topic: Help!!! Symbols not working.  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Tia

• View Profile
Help!!! Symbols not working.
« on: June 02, 2007, 03:24:34 PM »
So i created all my smbols and put them in at the appropriate places and then decided for sheer procrastination that i would "render" im hoping is the right term, to see how my little flash animation ran and how much time it runs for etc, ok... not a problem, play the damn thing and no symbols have worked, at all. So no tail wiggle or legs wiggle or anything... is there a way to resolve this?
Every Master was first an amateur.

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
Re: Help!!! Symbols not working.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 03:34:56 PM »
Did you change whatever movie clip symbols there were in the animation into graphic symbols before you exported? That usually does the trick.
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline ~matt~

• Staff
  • by the hand of the animator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 03:42:32 PM »
you can also copy all the frames out of the symbol onto the normal timeline and delete the symbol line....... this way you wont loose transparencies and it should work out fine then ..... but yeh what steve said will work perfect if they are all basic colours with no alpha's .just when you click on your symbol , look in your little pannel down the bottom and on the left it will say "movie", just change that to graphic:)

Offline Tia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 03:55:43 PM »
I am attempting it now, thanks guys.

Offline Tia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 04:19:35 PM »
Alrighty, the turning symbols into graphics didnt work. I shall do the blasted thing manually, oh god this is going to be fun :(

Offline DjDan

• www.danielmuller.com.au
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 05:22:56 PM »
Alrighty, the turning symbols into graphics didnt work. I shall do the blasted thing manually, oh god this is going to be fun :(

I kinda see what you want to do. You have to make sure that the movies is long enough for your symbol to play out. For example, say you are running your movie at 12 frames per sec, when you make your symbol, obviously it should be the same. As they said, the symbol has to be a movie clip. Watch out for excess frames anywhere. Try previewing your symbols in the library.. there is a little play button that should make them work.

The one important thing to watch for is to make sure that you havent inserted a "new key frame" for each frame that the symbol is in. The symbol should have its own line in the timeline and you should insert frames for as long as you need the symbol for. Or else, it will be as if you are re-starting the symbol each fram. This is the most likly case for your problem.

If you follow that you shouldnt have a problem. Goodluck!
djdan is the man!
FCKGWRHQQ2YXRKT8TG6W2B7Q8

Offline Tia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 07:19:05 AM »
I have taken a look, its not that i have put keyframes anywhere then where neccessary... the avi is just not picking it up. I got told to get an swf to avi converter but the network isnt letting me download one, i will have to see Andrew tuesday and ask if there is another way or something.

Offline Tia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 09:52:52 PM »
Its ok, when changing the movie symbol to a graphic symbol remember to loop it or else it will stay domant on the first symbol, lesson learnt.

Thank you so much Damian!!!