Author Topic: Chaser's War On Everything  (Read 3665 times)

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
Chaser's War On Everything
« on: May 01, 2007, 08:07:26 PM »
Just wondering who's been watching the new series; there's been some fantastic skits already...
My favourites being The Commercial Sell-Out (parodying how Chaser would appear on 9!), The Qantas Advert (Still 49% home!!) and them sending the puny guy that normally does American reports to interview the Bra Boys, wearing a bra and mimicking their tattoos...
The shows' ratings have doubled between their old and new timeslot, so the boys are definitely doing something right.
If you don't watch it already, it's on ABC at 9PM every Wednesday; funny, funny show!!

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
Re: Chaser's War On Everything
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 09:13:48 PM »
Chaser owns.

I loved their sketch a while back on the whole stocking on the head robber thing. The one when they just wore one on their head and went into random shops 2 see ppls reactions.. The most hilarious one's were the ppl who took one look at them and dived to the ground behind the counter  :D
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline Keaton

• Gamer @ Heart
    • View Profile
    • My CSU Webspace
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 12:32:23 AM »
They are gutsy though. Almost been sued over a few skits.
(-/\-)
   '''

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 10:26:24 PM »
Ah, Chasers. The proof that the existence of a video camera CAN give you permission to be a disruptive arsehole.

Dear God I love it...
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 06:37:48 PM »
**ghostly voice** I am the ghost of Mark Latham.. Let me in, Ill give them as much false hope as Kevin Rudd does .

Hilarity. That and the 3 minute terrorists was gold.
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 06:52:38 PM »
Me and a mate of mine back in Sydney shot one of their own segments back at them at a book signing... My mate went up to them with ten totally random questions and blurted them all out before they could respond... Absolute gold! They were cracking up and I was struggling to keep the camera still!!

My mate has all the answers to the questions etched in marker pen on his DVD cover now... A series of yes, no, sugar and because that's what the studio told us to wear!! I'll try to get hold of the video file so you guys can check it out sometime...

Oh, and Crazy Warehouse Guy recorder me a personalised ringtone!! :D

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 09:54:23 PM »
How awesome was the Ad Road Test this week... I said they'd end up doing it the first time I saw that ad!
Nice work by the team at the Logies too... Anyone else reckon they didn't win an award due to the fact they were kicked out?
Chaser was by far the best comedy on Australian television last year. :S
Have to say, I'm surprised they didn't even bear mention to the Paris Hilton story all over the news, but yeah...
And the 'If Life Were A Musical' segment was highly entertaining...