Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 7153 times)

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
Heroes
« on: April 27, 2007, 03:55:34 PM »
Seeing as how this is an animation and VFX forum, and quite a few students are into comics/graphic novels, I was quite surprised that Heroes hasn't been made a topic yet; so here it is.

Anyone watch it? Torrent or TV? Opinions on the stories, actors or visual effects?

At first I thought it was just a badly done 'Lost'. It seemed to be edited quite awkwardly and many of the characters seemed flat in the beginning. The special effects in the first few episodes weren't anything to shout about either, but it seems that the success of the show has entailed an increase in budget - at least that's how it looks to me. Love where the story's going and can't wait for the next episode (US one that is).

Discuss.
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
Re: Heroes
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 04:11:45 PM »
I LOVE the show honestly. Woot save the cheerleader save the world!
But then Im a whore for anything like this hehe. It kills me that we are still on rez period, as I don't download things at uni, too expensive, but the uni network always has stuff and Im DYING for the new episodes that have just started coming out again, especially after the cliffhanger in "parasite" .
Im liking the special effects anyways, I loved claires healing of all the burns and everything in "Company man" She looks so freaky at the start of it all. Hehe.
So myeah, Im a fan of the series, and Im dying for more episodes. I found about ten episodes on the network before it even started playing in australia, and I basically had a whole heroes fest, and watched most of them in succession. *drool* I want to find out who does the special effects for it...
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 05:37:47 PM »
Im liking the special effects anyways, I loved claires healing of all the burns and everything in "Company man" She looks so freaky at the start of it all. Hehe.

Haha, yeah, that's the scene I had in mind when I mentioned the "increase in budget". That episode was just brilliant in pacing and for eye candy.

If you love the show, you've probably already gone to this page: http://www.9thwonders.com

It's the "Official/Unofficial Fan Site for HEROES" [sic], previously (if not still) run by Tim Kring I believe. Some great insight into the production of the episodes - there's been a Q&A thing going on for the past few weeks or something. Check it out.

My internet was capped about a few days ago JUST ONE DAY BEFORE .07% was to come out. I was gagging.
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 05:47:31 PM »
Lol make friends with some other MMperson who lives in town with broadband or something :D then LEECH, leech like you've never uh...lurched? before....
and then share ;)

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 01:40:43 PM »
1. Make friends with some other MM person who lives in town: check. (I'm looking at you, Nick.)
2. Leech: Will do.
3. Leech like never done: I'll look into it.
4. Share: Of course! Assuming the network will let me that is. I was only able to access it once during the entire first half of semester and only the first half of the year last year. :'(

".07%" damnit! I actually wonder what it stands for...

Offline Ormannov

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 02:05:53 PM »
new york's population is 0.07 % of the worlds...
This forum has all the charm and charisma of the Nuremberg Trials.

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 02:10:31 PM »
Ah, I should've known seeing as how I watched a preview where Linderman's explaining... stuff, including the line about New York's population. Thanks for making it easier, haha.

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 02:13:16 PM »
augh spoilers! :D *bounces up and down*
Surely when heaps of people come back tommorow there will be SOMEONE on the network with it?! :S *whimper*

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 08:04:33 PM »
Someone on the network with it?
Are you on South Campus, because our network up on main seems rather devoid of anything half-decent.
As for Heroes, again I don't get what the big deal is...

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 11:17:08 PM »
WOOT, NOW SEEN 0.07% WEET.
But again, CLIFF-freaking-hanger! :P but I still love it, oh Heroes why are you so good to me?
Tis on the uni network here, or at least in nappy alley. weeeee

Offline Jeebuz

• Just Jeebuz.
    • View Profile
    • Seraquin @ Deviantart!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 07:05:14 PM »
For anyone who is interested I know where you can get a replica Hiro Nakamura sword. Not cheap, but officially licensed and made of high quality folded carbon steel. Only for the really serious fan or nerd :D ;D ;D
Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.

Unless its cool.

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 08:04:20 PM »
Does it come with the ability to fold and stop time?

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 08:27:52 PM »
Heroes (with powers) are born, not made! The sword is merely a placebo (at least, that's what I think :P).

Sounds pretty awesome Pete, but damn, I think "not cheap" would mean something in the mid hundreds at least.

To those who've watched "0.07%": go to 9thwonders.com and check out the new articles/links. Very interesting stuff indeed and there's some talk of the second season, albeit very minor and vague. Also, apparently, the mythos of the show seems to originate from a Hindu myth which is certainly enlightening... I want to track down which particular story it is.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 09:44:13 PM by UNGCO »

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 10:25:41 PM »
Someone on the network with it?
Are you on South Campus, because our network up on main seems rather devoid of anything half-decent.
As for Heroes, again I don't get what the big deal is...

Well, despite your lack of interest, it seems there's someone on campus with it shared, but I, as a law abiding citizen am of course not transferring it over right at this second with only 2 minutes more to go.

Because that'd be wrong.  :-X
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 10:34:20 PM »
You unselfish bastard!