Author Topic: OH the horror! BB and ethics.  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Keaton

• Gamer @ Heart
    • View Profile
    • My CSU Webspace
OH the horror! BB and ethics.
« on: May 24, 2007, 04:47:25 PM »
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=269120

Read that. I have no idea what they should do.
I don't watch big brother but this is one of the biggest dilema's i have ever seen.
If the show doesn't tell her than the show is saying it is more important that her fathers life.
If it does then people will complain that the exploited her reaction for ratings.
(-/\-)
   '''

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
Re: OH the horror! BB and ethics.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 05:02:34 PM »
Honestly, they should let her out of the house, and tell her off camera, with her family, and then let her make the decision to return to the house to continue the 'game'.

I'm not a fan of Big Brother, and I think that George Orwell is spinning in his grave every time it gets announced for a new season, but it's terribly inhumane not to tell someone of something of this incredible importance for the sake of a 'game'.

'Game'.
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline Jabba_Wocky

• Decimation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 07:47:46 PM »
i can't stand that s*** they call BB. i get more entertainment living my life. i dont need to watch other people trapped inside a house being idiots to get entertainment. but then again reality tv shows, especially BB will keep pushing the boundaries. i'm just curious when they will push so far a contestant will commit suicide. and that s*** i heard about some mother and daughter going into the house and getting a boob job. wtf. i think there was also something about a baby being born and left in a nursery for the whole world to see, just to get ratings. the day BB is axed, will be the day television may be worth watching again......maybe.
Tread softly, and carry a big gun.

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 10:42:42 AM »
Apparently she agreed going into the house that she didn't want to be notified of her fathers death and her father agreed with it. I suppose hes been sick long enough that they kinda knew it was coming and maybe the whole big brother thing is like a reprieve or a holiday for her.
Don't get me wrong I still think everyone that appears on big brother is vapid,shallow or  dumber than dog excrement. But then thats just me...
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!