Author Topic: Star Wars Live-action TV series  (Read 3285 times)

Offline D.

• Im pretty sure i could take Darth Vader.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
Star Wars Live-action TV series
« on: May 04, 2007, 08:11:36 PM »
Wondering if anyone else has heard of/any thoughts on George Lucas' TV series planned for 2009?

At the moment his plan is a 100 episode series about the "Dark Times" in Star Wars history - in the rarely covered area between Ep III and IV. Apparently the show is going to follow several characters; most notably Boba Fett, as he grows up from teen to adult and becomes the most feared man in the universe after Darth Vader.

Other characters rumoured to be covered are Quinlan Vos (a jedi for those of u who havent read the comics/books), and possibly Princess Leia.

Its going to be a fairly large production, much like the Young Indiana Jones series was.

Many actors from the films have expressed interest in appearing in the show (As guest stars); Fank Oz (Yoda),
Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan) and Peter Mayhew (Chewie) to name a few.

And Daniel Logan (Boba Fett from Ep II) has been reportedly asked to reclaim his role as the younger Fett.

Im a complete SW nut :P, so im all into the books etc, is there anyone else who shares my existance in this?
Mental High Five!! *wtch*

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
Re: Star Wars Live-action TV series
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 08:15:25 PM »
No, but if it's remotely interesting I'll be sure to watch it. If they're catering purely to the Star Wars fanbase (which I highly doubt, unless it's only appearing on subscription TV's Sci-Fi Channel) then I'm screwed. Sounds like an interesting proposition though.
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline D.

• View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 08:18:48 PM »
Well the main reason it should b successful is because that sumwat 20yr period between the films hasnt been covered by the books or anything. Lucas has left it deliberately empty for an opportunity such as this.

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 08:42:13 PM »
I didn't say anything about the potential success of the show. :P

What I was getting at was that if they're going to make the events in the films required knowledge, then people like me will be completely clueless. Okay, so it might tie in with the success of the show, but my point was I doubt they'll be focusing solely on the existing fanbase and actually make it more standalone as a series - somewhat removed from the movies.

And no, prior to this, I had no knowledge of the series. Star Wars fans should post away.

Note: I'm just being a bitch. But I'm being honest when I say it sounds interesting.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 08:44:55 PM by UNGCO »
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline D.

• View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 09:32:06 PM »
Oh yeh sorry  :P

No the plan is that anyone can watch it even without having delved into the expanded universe (books etc), the series will b done in a way that anyone can sit down and watch it.. Introducing the characters as they go along. Its just that for those who have read the books they might understand more of the characters history initially, but this wont necessarilly b applicable to the show.

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »
I've been pretty interested in this show from the get go when they announced it maybe a year ago? Maybe longer, I dunno anymore; All I know is that it sounds promising.
I've read a couple of Star Wars books, and though I really didn't like some authors' (such as Terry Brooks, an otherwise great author) views on the universe, I've gotta say I've enjoyed what I've seen of the extended universe.
I just hope it isn't a wookie-fest...
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline Ammon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 08:27:32 PM »
i really hope its good, cause i'd definately watch it
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit - A wise man does not urinate against the wind

Offline D.

• View Profile
    • Portfolio Site
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 08:28:57 PM »
I've been pretty interested in this show from the get go when they announced it maybe a year ago? Maybe longer, I dunno anymore; All I know is that it sounds promising.
I've read a couple of Star Wars books, and though I really didn't like some authors' (such as Terry Brooks, an otherwise great author) views on the universe, I've gotta say I've enjoyed what I've seen of the extended universe.
I just hope it isn't a wookie-fest...

Hmm. I think it was about a yr ago..

But yes i agree totally, they need a fair range of things going on or the story will become be clogged down and just come to a halt in the end.

Ill agree wit ur veiw on Terry Brooks' SW novels.. Not the greatest.