Author Topic: Flourescent light sounds.  (Read 3862 times)

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
Flourescent light sounds.
« on: May 02, 2007, 08:03:44 PM »
Short of recording it myself, ( lousy perfectly working flouro light in room ) I was wondering does anyone have any sound of a flourescent bulb starting up? THe whole blink blink blink sounds before it actually comes on and starts humming? Odd ask, but curious all the same :)
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline zam

• View Profile
Re: Flourescent light sounds.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 02:23:23 AM »
no but i could always record for you the one in my bathroom that nearly sends me into an epileptic fit every time i turn it on...

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 08:27:12 AM »
humm, no thats ok, I think I'll save your health until I am really desperate :D hehe.

Offline damian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 10:06:43 AM »
If you are capable of recording it DO IT. You never know when you will need it. And besides- it will most likely sound better than any flouro on a SFX library CD. Also in regards to this, as Hages has mentioned, we are wanting to set up some sort of assett server. Now with this in mind it would be great to have a collection of original SFX created by the students to use as they please - royalty and copyright free!!!

Offline Keaton

• Gamer @ Heart
    • View Profile
    • My CSU Webspace
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 11:00:13 AM »
If you are capable of recording it DO IT. You never know when you will need it. And besides- it will most likely sound better than any flouro on a SFX library CD. Also in regards to this, as Hages has mentioned, we are wanting to set up some sort of assett server. Now with this in mind it would be great to have a collection of original SFX created by the students to use as they please - royalty and copyright free!!!

Yea that'd be GREAT!  ;D
It should be like a trading system. You can't take a sound unless you add one.
That way the library will grow very fast.
(-/\-)
   '''

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 11:57:48 AM »
Yeah, but if you ran a trading system, surely you'd get some people soooo desperate for a sound, they'd put up a really poor recording in order to obtain it at short notice?!

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 12:29:36 PM »
We'll you'd pretty much have to rely on an honour based submission, hoping that people would only submit things into it knowing they are of good quality.
Im pretty sure no one would have the time to sort through each and every single one....

Offline rdarnz

• Pixel art - woooo!
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 04:28:06 PM »
Yeah; I'm a trusting person, but you'll probably find desperate people using it unfairly at 4AM!!
But I agree; this is an awesome idea that we should definitely follow through with...

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 09:17:44 PM »
I agree with this, but how to go about it? I doubt the crappy recorder on my Mp3 player is gonna do much - it barely even records my voice. Are there any things we should keep in mind about this, anything in particular we should use, avoid, ect?
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!