Author Topic: Safari for Windows  (Read 3428 times)

Offline damian

• View Profile
Safari for Windows
« on: June 19, 2007, 11:05:53 AM »
Want Safari as your Windows browser?

http://www.apple.com/downloads/

Offline zam

• View Profile
Re: Safari for Windows
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 02:43:41 PM »
ive never really used it that much.  is it better than firefox in any way?

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 03:10:47 PM »
From what I've heard Leopard has apparently made a few changes to Safari, or something similar. It's an okay browser, but I'll stick with firefox... it's what I know, and to my knowledge, Safari still doesn't allow you to open tabs...
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline MultimediaMan

• Multimedia man: But seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 05:31:36 PM »
why would i want to downgrade from netscape 5 to safari?
A look into the mind of Multimedia man! http://lex-ttd.blogspot.com/

Offline damian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 04:15:21 PM »
From what I've heard Leopard has apparently made a few changes to Safari, or something similar. It's an okay browser, but I'll stick with firefox... it's what I know, and to my knowledge, Safari still doesn't allow you to open tabs...

Safari was one of the first (or maybe it was the first...) browser to have tabs.

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 04:24:58 PM »

Safari was one of the first (or maybe it was the first...) browser to have tabs.

Then why do I have to keep opening a new window at the Mac Labs if I want to see more than one page?
... Maybe it's the non-clickability of the wheel of those mice....
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline alex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 03:30:39 PM »
Because in Safari 1 and 2 you have to enable Tab browsing in the preferences (Safari/Preferences/Tabs...) Although every time you log out the CSU computers change the preferences back to there default settings (I don't know... that's just how CSU keep control of the Macs)

Safari 3 (Beta) has tabbed browsing enabled as a default preference (Remember that its still in Beta testing). Mac say that Safari is 1.6 times faster than Fire fox and 2 times faster than IE. http://www.apple.com/au/safari/

I think the main reason Apple have developed it for windows is because of the iPhone it runs the full version of Safari and just like iTunes is linked to the iPod well you cant use a iPod unless you have iTunes.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 04:16:35 PM by alex »