Author Topic: Rebate? (Solved)  (Read 2869 times)

Offline dave

• View Profile
Rebate? (Solved)
« on: March 18, 2009, 04:48:05 PM »
Hi all,

Im in my 1st year of VFX. Last week quite a few people had been talking about a rebate or something similar? I think some of the second years were suggesting to the first years that it might be enough to get student versions of the Adobe CS suite? I didnt quite catch what it was about before and I havnt heard anymore about it. Theres nothing that I can find on the CSU search, my.csu, or searching CSU with google, or on google for that matter and I dont know if it applied to all students (hence the thread in CSU general) or just VFX? I keep forgetting to ask someone when I get to class and I live off campus, so I thought I would try here while I still remembered. Can anyone fill me in on what that was all about?

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 01:15:57 PM by dave »
Hages:
"What a sad, cold, depressive sight it would be to see you sit there all alone scratching wantingly, nay desperately, at the buildings door. I will let you in. ;)"

Chicken:
"Before or after you giggle on the inside? 'Your tears, they sustain me' hehe"

Offline Keaton

• Gamer @ Heart
    • View Profile
    • My CSU Webspace
Re: Rebate?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 05:19:19 PM »
They might have been talking about the government stimulus package.
(-/\-)
   '''

Offline Corbs

• Grubs And Cats. You Know What I Mean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 06:56:58 PM »
Yeah hey,

the student edition of CS4 is available in the coop bookshop for around $500.00. Unfortunately though the "production suite", ie the one we should get, is not available there.
Hope this helps
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.

Offline dave

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 07:44:24 PM »
Thanks Keaton and Corbs,

I was trying "rebate" as a search term because thats the word that was being thrown around and getting nowhere with it. Searching for "Rudd" & "Stimulus Package" got me info. It looks like its been discussed quite a bit in the news so its probably been obvious to everyone else but I havnt heard anything about it. I havnt had a TV for a while...

I might have a chat with centerlink tomorrow :grumble:

Cheers
Hages:
"What a sad, cold, depressive sight it would be to see you sit there all alone scratching wantingly, nay desperately, at the buildings door. I will let you in. ;)"

Chicken:

Offline rowan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 09:21:27 PM »
Boo I hate talking to centrelink, lemme know how you go though...

<3 Rowan
Animation? That's pretty much just done by Bridget nowadays... Bridget is ok I guess!!!! <3 <3 <3

Offline Anusia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 09:48:09 PM »
my understanding is that all students and pll who made under $90k last yr will receive $900 from Mr Rudd. they have already started to mail cheques out. im actually calling the ATO 2moro to find out more so ill let u know but i think we should all be eligible for this lil bonus.

Offline Patrick M

• School IT Coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 12:04:01 AM »
I believe its Under $80,000 gets $900.  Must have lodged 07/08  tax return by June 31st this year to receive the payment.  Payments start April for most people.  Family payments and some others have started already via centrelink.

The ATO information site : http://ato.gov.au/corporate/content.asp?doc=/content/00178930.htm&page=1&H1 will explain all!

How much is the payment and when will I receive it?

Your tax bonus payment will be:

* $900 if your taxable income is up to and including $80,000
    * $600 if your taxable income is between $80,001 and $90,000, and
    * $250 if your taxable income is between $90,001 and $100,000.

Your payment will not be used to offset any of your other tax debts.

Payments will start from early April 2009. People who have already had their tax returns assessed will be the first to receive their payment. The fastest way to receive payment is directly into your bank account.

The later you lodge your 2007-08 tax return, the longer it will take for you to get your payment. E-tax is available to lodge your return online.

Taken from the ATO site, "How much is the payment and when will I receive it?" section.

Edit: It seems I can't spell too well after midnight.

Offline dave

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 12:47:22 AM »
Thanks Pat and Anna,

Maybe I could get a tv...  :D

Cheers
Hages:

Chicken:

Offline rowan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 01:13:29 AM »
Maybe I could eat...  :'(

<3 Rowan
Animation? That's pretty much just done by Bridget nowadays... Bridget is ok I guess!!!! <3 <3 <3

Offline dave

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 12:57:14 PM »
Oh well,

Spoke to centrelink and because of my circumstances Im not eligible. Which sucks!  Anyway, thanks for your help people! :D

Cheers
Hages:

Chicken: