Author Topic: blend shapes  (Read 2251 times)

Offline Fiona.B

• View Profile
blend shapes
« on: September 07, 2008, 11:06:38 AM »
ok so ive done blend shapes and they look aweful.. i cant really do much to the face and it just looks deformed and silly and im stressing and have had the worst week ever.. is anyone going to be in the labs like all monday and tuesday that can help me with this..
today i am trying to do the walk cycle bit and have decided that his face can stay neutral for that bit so i'll use the scene i have and then for the other bit im gunna need some hardcore blend shapes help...

Offline Tia

• View Profile
Re: blend shapes
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 12:06:19 PM »
Fi, we dont need to have facial animation, its a choice to. I am not having any facial stuff and i havent done bland shapes, dont worry. If you get the movement right it wont need it.
Every Master was first an amateur.

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
Re: blend shapes
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 12:09:59 PM »
My character doesn't actually have any blend shapes either - for my character's shape of face it was easier to get him to emote levels of smiles and frowns by rigging up his face. I'm not sure if this'll work for your character, and it may be a red herring.
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!