Author Topic: RED CROSS - Blood Donations  (Read 6277 times)

Offline damian

• View Profile
RED CROSS - Blood Donations
« on: June 21, 2007, 10:50:14 AM »
Since it is coming close to holidays, the Red Cross need blood donations. The first year animation students have been donating in the past few weeks.. as you left some memorable moments with the nurses! This is a great cause- and it doesn't cost you a cent! And besides you get a milkshake, cheese and crackers and chocolate for your efforts. They also tell you your Iron levels. If you are close to a Red Cross Blood Center think about giving some BLOOD.  :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 03:37:29 PM by damian »

Offline MultimediaMan

• Multimedia man: But seriously.
    • View Profile
Re: RED CROSS - Blood Donations
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 11:27:21 AM »
Well ive thought about it, and cant... cest la vie.
A look into the mind of Multimedia man! http://lex-ttd.blogspot.com/

Offline damian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 10:55:58 AM »
One of our own students on Wagga Campus of CSU requires three units of blood every two weeks at Wagga Base Hospital. These fortnightly blood transfusions are keeping this student alive and studying at CSU. There must be other students and staff also who regularly require blood, in addition to emergency cases.

Here are the current top 15 for the Club Red Corporate Challenge.

CSU 45
ARTC 39
Bunnings Wagga 31
RTA - Wagga 29
Wagga Wagga Agricultural Institute 26
Cargill Beef Australia 25
ANZ 21
NAB 16
Wagga Wagga TAFE 15
D G Harper Pty Ltd 13
Fitzpatricks Real Estate 13
Country Energy 12
DOH Wagga Wagga 11
PRD nationwide 10
Prior Fox Landscapes 10

As you can see, we are having a great response, but given the size of CSU in comparison to the other organisations we should be further in the lead.

Each week the Wagga Wagga Blood Donor Centre needs approx 160 donations to keep up with hospital demand.

Winter can have a huge impact on blood donations with weather and illnesses meaning many people are unable to donate.

So, we are calling on you to get into the blood bank ASAP.

The Blood Bank is located at Wagga Base Hospital, Edward Street, Wagga, 2560

And open the following hours:
Monday: 8am - 3pm
Tuesday: 1pm - 7.30pm
Wednesday: 1pm - 7.30pm
Thursday: 8am - 3pm

Don't forget to let the nurses know you are donating for Club Red and to add your donation to the CSU tally.

Please call 131495 to help save up to three lives

Offline Tia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 01:12:15 PM »
I gave blood in, must have been april, which went towards a block function of sorts on south campus... When will the next available time for me to give blood be? is it three months?
Every Master was first an amateur.

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 02:53:35 PM »
Anyone interested in going in a group in the near future? We'll need to know numbers because usually (if they even do allow it to be done in groups here) they prefer to have pretty exact numbers.
And before anyone comes up with an extremely witty turnaround - No it will not all be in the same bag...
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 06:34:54 PM »
hmmm does blood giving come with free cookies afterwards?
I would be tempted to give blood is someone else did it with me :S can't say I like the feeling of cold surgical steel sliding into my veins...
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 08:01:25 PM »
I would be tempted to give blood is someone else did it with me :S can't say I like the feeling of cold surgical steel sliding into my veins...

Just remember, your life force is being drained for the good of others!
And from what I hear it's actually rather healthy to occasionally give blood; something about white blood cells regenerating or somesuch; and if that doesn't work for you, just think of all the good karma you'll earn! (in a reality type setting, not the forum)
And if you don't believe in karma, well, I suppose some people just don't want to be helped. :(
Just in case people were wondering, it stands for 'At The Convenience Of The Experimenter.'

And now... this!

Offline Tia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 10:09:04 PM »

They give you cookies and crackers with cheese and a milkshake of the generic flavours. Its a pretty good deal.

Im one of the people who hate the thought of any type of needle for any reason at all, but under the cirumstances, alittle pain for the good of helping up to three people is worth doing.

Every Master was first an amateur.

Offline Tara♫

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 10:41:06 AM »
i'm in :D
(\ /)
(. .)
c(")(")

"ビー・マイ・エスケイプ"

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 02:26:19 PM »
Okay, if we actually manage to get around 5+ people willing to all go down and donate blood, is it best if we arrange for it on a Wednesday? I know a lot of first years have a day off then, but what about the other years?

And now... this!

Offline UNGCO

• Pees To Everyone!
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art - No Updates
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 09:45:48 PM »
My last class ends at 3pm on a Wednesday, and by extension, the rest of second year (at least to my knowledge). I'm willing to get stabbed for the drawing of blood.
Procrastination is the Crown of Purgatory. The bearer of such a burden is a defeated one indeed.

Offline chicken

• Happy bunny and you!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Productions
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 12:40:26 PM »
Maybe we should guerilla blood drive attack the whole friday screenings group.Maybe bring in an anemic orphan child or something. Magical guilt! lol. If anyone organises a mass blood..uh....bleedening, tell me and I'll be in it.
Hell I already look drugged out half the time, whats a few track marks to my self image.
I'm vomiting with rage, LITERALLY!

Offline Atcote

• Shazam!
    • View Profile
    • MasonVFX
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 11:38:44 PM »
Oh God, I'm feeling guilty about this, but I've just recently got a cold, meaning that, until I'm well again, I can't donate any blood:
http://www.donateblood.com.au/page.aspx?IDDataTreeMenu=88&parent=30#answer15
Everyone else should check this list to make sure you're eligible to donate.
I haven't called the Red Cross yet, but from what I've been told they do allow groups of people to come in. I'll post back once I'm healthy (which hopefully shouldn't be too long).

And now... this!

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 10:09:55 PM »
Bump

Offline rowan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 11:11:48 PM »
there's a really bad cold going round campus/wagga at the moment, I doubt anyone can donate...

<3 Rowan
Animation? That's pretty much just done by Bridget nowadays... Bridget is ok I guess!!!! <3 <3 <3