Author Topic: Maya Tutorials are now available!  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Patrick M

• School IT Coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Maya Tutorials are now available!
« on: August 12, 2008, 01:14:20 PM »
Maya Tutorials

Getting Started

The Links to the tutorials are within the folder Maya Tutorials (This will be on your desktop).  To start using the tutorials, you will need to firstly run the Enable_Tutorials.bat file.  This file resides within the Maya Tutorial folder, which is on your desktop.

This file will need to be run only once on the computer you are currently using in the lab, as the licensing is linked to computer and user.  Should you change computers you will need to run the Enable_Tutorials.bat again.

Essentially, if the tutorials ask for a license/media key, close the tutorial, run the Enable_Tutorials.bat and then run your tutorial of choice.

Which Tutorials Relate To Me?

VFX 105
   Learning Maya Lighting
   Learning Maya Mental Ray
   Learning Maya Nurbs Modeling
   Learning Maya Polygon Modeling
   Learning Maya The Aesthetics of Cameras

VFX 205
   SuperToon Animation II Dialogue
   Full Body IK
   Hyper-Realistic Rigging & Animation
   SuperToon Modeling and Rigging
   Hyper-Realistic Creature Anatomy (Part I)
   Hyper-Realistic Creature Anatomy (Part II)
   SuperToon II Body & Face Rigging
   SuperToon II Pipeline & Automation
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:57:08 PM by Hages »

Offline Hages

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Maya Tutorials are now available!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 09:09:30 PM »
If lectures, workshops, peer assistance, downloadable lessons, installed DVD's and the recommended resources listed in the subject outline were not enough, don't underestimate the excellent books and DVD's freely available in the library. The beginner books are especially fantastic for those getting to grips with this awesome, if not intimidating application. ;D

Offline Tia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 10:31:56 AM »
SuperToon II Body & Face Rigging is not working correctly, the audio comes up but unfortunatly no video. The others seem to work just not this one. Thanks.
Every Master was first an amateur.

Offline Patrick M

• School IT Coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 11:46:31 AM »
SuperToon II Body & Face Rigging is not working correctly, the audio comes up but unfortunatly no video. The others seem to work just not this one. Thanks.

I've checked over this problem and identified it as true and lab wide.  The video itself appears to be corrupted on all sources of it I have.  I will look into getting a new source for the file.

For those who want to know, the video is using a different codec to the other files (For some unknown reason) and it appears to be this codec (SVQ3) that is causing the players (I tested quite a few) to cause frame render errors.

Thanks.