Author Topic: Data Recovery?  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Keaton

• Gamer @ Heart
    • View Profile
    • My CSU Webspace
Data Recovery?
« on: August 25, 2008, 02:36:19 PM »
So i get back from my massively cultural awareness (i.e. drinking everywhere) European tour. And low and behold my 500gb external HDD with about all the textures, photo's and tutorials i could ever want is not working. 
Just a clicking sound and nothing. Anyone know any data recovery companies out there?

Also i think Hages uses heaps of WD mybooks too so if your reading this back them up it's a known prob but WD won't recover your data......although you already do that? Don't you?
(-/\-)
   '''

Offline Luke

• "I think i can, I think i can, I know i can! .....
    • View Profile
    • MOB clan
Re: Data Recovery?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 11:37:38 PM »
bring it over to my place    (yes  i still live with dane)    ill try to see what i can do     

lol   clicking sounds are bad though :(

also   u can tell us all about your European adventures :D
If my work is s***. Then i MUST be told it's s***. And why it's s***. If not... what is the point of a 'Visual Effects Community?'

Offline Keaton

• Gamer @ Heart
    • View Profile
    • My CSU Webspace
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 12:10:45 PM »
oh i sent it to a data recovery company. they removed and replaced the head and still could'nt get the data off.

But i'll still come round for a visit maybe fri... oh thats today. Better be home :-p
(-/\-)
   '''

Offline Hages

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 11:17:17 AM »
Backup, backup, backup...
Especially if you're currently relying upon a Seagate 1TB Barracuda Hard Drive.

By the way, PC Authority recently rated Samsung as the hard drive manufacturer of the year with Seagate and Western Digital vying for second place. It's worth noting that Samsung was evaluated as slightly less reliable, a huge deciding factor in my book. I've used all brands with only a Samsung drive failing in the past 2 years. Only one thing is certain, don't depend on any drive and BACKUP! ;D